Why I Have To Quit Spotify

Why I Have To Quit Spotify

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

Even if I like Spotify, I think this article is great to read.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/why-i-have-to-quit-spotify/

"Unfortunately, though you may think you’re getting a free deal as you spend hours building playlists from scratch and Starring songs in your Spotify collection (to save them for later), all you’re really building is a prison. Once you’re in Spotify, you’re trapped."

15 Replies

MichaelJerzak
Composer

i don't Believe that article.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

"Spotify gives you the illusion that you have a music collection."

Another bull**bleep** example of someone who wants an ownership model instead of the access model.

This article is pretty old. I wonder what his thoughts would be if he tried Spotify again today. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

It is great article because artists needs support, is Spotify enough?

However I like in Spotify this. Many songs that I add to my list, I may listen once or twice and then choose to not to have these on list (maybe I added them by mistake and don't like tracks anymore). Or if I want to change a remixer of song...  If I use track more than that, it will always be there on my list.  If I don’t use it again, I won’t feel that I have wasted my money by removing track from my list.

But heck, how easy is to have all the music I need. That keeps me really on Spotify. But I still feel that Spotify should pay more attention to artists, to get them more happy! I'm still considering ways... is it worth to purchase? But mad thing is all this music transfer over my devices. I'm just too crazy to do that over, over and over again. I have just learned this easy Spotify-way - why to change something that works?

Most of songs, I want to listen, I have them on Spotify. But why we are in prison with Spotify? Is this great or bad way? Should we change back for music purchasing model?

Also I would like to see more personal Spotify where you can fix wrong tags. I'm mad because tags are bad sometimes and no one fix these. Neverending Song Name - Radio Edit or Song Name (DJ Gollum Remix Edit) - DJ Gollum Remix Edit. Seriously no one can fix tags on Spotify? If you want to have right info with your songs, Spotify is not this tool. I know tags are better in other streaming services, but when I'm in prison on Spotify with my list, there's no reason to leave. This is way how Spotify works...

BCfossil
Casual Listener
As a newbie to Spotify I found this article interesting and invaluable.

peas_and_corn
Gig Goer

The only somewhat legitimate criticism brought up by the article is the inability to export playlists. Are people that attached to playlists?

BCfossil
Casual Listener
Do the laws concerning 'intellectual property' apply, I wonder?

Peter__
Community Legend
There is nothing to stop you building a tool to export playlists using the APIs if you wanted.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

FruitMeister
Roadie

Thats the problem with any streaming service, youre paying for an service that supplies a product thats never yours. I would have hoped that most folk would have realised this from the offset. Yes its convient but thats the lazy digital world we now live in. Im from a generation that was forced to visit our local (or not so) music emporium on a saturday morning to buy or vinyl discs then return home and convert them to music cassette to pay on our walkmans if we wanted to carry our music with us. This ritual even continued when CD's arrived as the mobile CD players were so expensive. Im a spotify subscriber, I plan to be for a while to come yet but I still buy CDs for when it all comes to an end, which it will im sure of it. I dont want to be in the position where Ive been listening to a streaming service for four or five years ( my current time with spotify) and I quit or it folds and Ive no music to listen to or movies to watch, therefore I stil buy my trusted CDs and DVDs. There is ofc the quality issue. Spotify sounds passable through cheap 'disposable' ear buds but amp it up and listen through a set of quality speakers or phones and its silly 320kbps or what ever it is reveals its self to be quite lacking .... this is where my CDs shine once again! Enjoy your listening friends, but dont get too comfortable. 

JoeThomas
Community Legend

I read this before subscribing to premium.

Article - AAGGGAGAGGAH DON'T USE SPOTIFY BLAH BLAH BLAH PRISON BLAH BLAH BLAH MUSIC IS NOT YOURS

Me - F*** it let's join!

I thunk of Spotify as a video rental store. You can keep it for as long as you like, but it will cost, but you can sop renting that movie whenever you like and come back to it later.

unsubscribed :~(

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

sevemanzoor
Roadie

My playlist is saved as a text backup. Just copy and paste.

user-removed
Not applicable

Why I Need To Quit Spotify

You can deal with bad meta data at once.

user-removed
Not applicable

You can get Walkman. Legend.

user-removed
Not applicable

In radio section at Spotify there is almost little or no variety.

DannyFL
Roadie
Didn't you say no double posting? you tripled... lol

Now, seriously though, I majorly agree with @JoeThomas. I think of it like a video/music rental store. I personally change what I'm listening to so often that it wouldn't be worth it for me to go and buy a bunch of albums that I would listen to for a month and then never again. In my opinion, spotify has a great solution... just change out what is in "my music" -- that sure beats going out and buying lets say about 50 albums because I like one song in each for about 8 - 10 dollars apiece which at minimum will cost $400. I don't listen to enough of any one thing to go buy $4-500 of music that will just go onto a shelf. Just doesn't make sense. Now I get it, artists need support. Go kudo an idea for "make a donation" and get that little button added to spotify. 🙂
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

Why I Don't Want To Quit Spotify

1,845+ techno, hands up, dancecore, jumpstyle and hardstyle songs on my playlist for 9,90 €.

SUGGESTED POSTS