Why doesn't Spotify allow TWICE (Kpop artist) songs to play?

Why doesn't Spotify allow TWICE (Kpop artist) songs to play?

bradchong

How come Spotify doesn't play TWICE songs? The songs are in the Spotify "Kpop Daebak" playlist, but the titles are greyed out, so the songs won't play. Is there a problem with TWICE (Kpop artist) or something with copyright issues?

6 Replies

itu_
Community Legend

Hello!

Usually when an Artist is not in Spotify is due to a disagreement on the contract OR the artist/record company doesn't allow the music to be streamed in Spotify. It is matter of time for it to be resolved, until then... Patience 😄

If the songs appear in grey, either they are being taken down or they are being uploaded because the record company, the artist and Spotify must me trying to make a contract.

Have a nice day 😉

andrewchow1993
Casual Listener

How long time need to wait?
Your reply was on 2016 Dec 12, but until today, I still did not see TWICE on spotify. 

itu_
Community Legend
Unfortunately no one can estimate how long it'll take for Spotify and TWICE (and their label) to sign. Both parts have to come to an agreement.

ulyhyuga
But TWICE is available only in Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore. I want those songs to be available in Canada because I also live there.

andrewchow1993
Casual Listener
##- Spotify please do something, or else I will unsubscribe Spotify -##

itu_
Community Legend

Hey fellas, I'm afraid this decision is not up to Spotify. It depends on the artist and label!

Have a good one 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS