Will Premium subscription work in Jamaica?

Will Premium subscription work in Jamaica?

iriemama

I've read the FAQs and I think this is going to work but I want to make sure before I leave the country.

If I purchase a premium subscription, will Spotify work in Jamaica? I do have a wifi connection there, and will also have my Android device and a laptop.

I've been building a really nice playlist but I want to make sure if I pay the premium subscription that I'll be able to access this playlist on my vacation in Jamaica. 

If anyone's had this experience and can confirm it works, that would be awesome! Thanks!

6 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can use an access your Spotify premium account in any country in the world, providing you continue to pay for your subscription from your home country whilst you are away. 

Be aware, if you are using offline playlists that you need to connect a device to the internet at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription is still active, otherwise your offline stored content will be deleted. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

maliksmith774

Hello, i went up to ameica for vacation and when i came back to jamaica, a week later i got a prompt that i needed to sign back into my account, when i signed in, it said its servers were giving problems and it also said that i'm in a different country, i deleted the a few days later, Spotify not international, because when i went into the settings on mty computer the only option was America 

stevetorok

Hey Guys, I have a premium account opened and paid in Mexico, after 3 months of being in Jamaica it stopped working. Any idea why? Thanks!

LizCruz

ARISIRIS

we need to form a task force to get spotify in jamaica because alot of us canadians are buying vacation homes down here and maybe will retire here when were older.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Jamaica

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS