Work experience at Spotify?

Work experience at Spotify?

jacobayenamayi
Casual Listener

Does anyone know if I can do work experience at Spotify? BTW im a year 10 student and my deadline is friday

Edited subject to better - hpguru.

6 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

I would check out https://www.spotify.com/jobs/ since all openings including internships are outlined there. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up, friday is not a lot of time to get something organised - plus I would imagine with Spotify like other big tech companies I have worked in they don't take on employees under 18 due to legal issues with non disclosure agreements (nda's). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

jacobayenamayi
Casual Listener

any ideas on anywhere i could do work experience?

Taylor
Community Legend

@jacobayenamayi wrote:

any ideas on anywhere i could do work experience?

What's your career ambition? Thoroughly depends on what sort of work experience would be best for you 😉

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

jacobayenamayi
Casual Listener

i hope to own my own business in the future, if that's any help?

Adam
Roadie

@jacobayenamayi wrote:

You're in the UK, so this might be useful. When I did my work experience (1 week small newsagents, 1 week at a pharmaceutical company), everyone is really nice to you. They're happy to help and answer any questions you have.

So as you're interested in business, I'd say that to whoever you work with on the first day, then they might arrange a meeting with a store manager or somebody semi-high up in the company. Then just make sure you ask lots of questions about what it's like running a business, how they got to be where they are, that kind of thing. 

In terms of getting a place, I'm guessing your school will get you somewhere but other than that, I think it's hard to randomly just ask companies. So maybe you have a family friend who owns the kind of business you want to run you could ask?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

user-removed
Not applicable

@Adam wrote:

@jacobayenamayi wrote:

You're in the UK, so this might be useful. When I did my work experience (1 week small newsagents, 1 week at a pharmaceutical company), everyone is really nice to you. They're happy to help and answer any questions you have.

So as you're interested in business, I'd say that to whoever you work with on the first day, then they might arrange a meeting with a store manager or somebody semi-high up in the company. Then just make sure you ask lots of questions about what it's like running a business, how they got to be where they are, that kind of thing. 

In terms of getting a place, I'm guessing your school will get you somewhere but other than that, I think it's hard to randomly just ask companies. So maybe you have a family friend who owns the kind of business you want to run you could ask?

So you trying to say Spotify is without need for free workers?

SUGGESTED POSTS