add to catalogue: Pink Floyd in (U.S.A.)

add to catalogue: Pink Floyd in (U.S.A.)

RikaPt

I'm sure this may be a licensing problem but as a Premium subscriber I can ditch the old 128k MP3 rips from my now cracked, scratched and mutilated Pink Floyd CDs...  and trade them in for ~320k OGG q6 or even q9!  Ditch my local files and play Pink Floyd the way it was meant to be played.  Sure, that means I give you continuing rents for keeping that around but isn't that a pull for users who may become Premium subscribers?  MOG has Pink Floyd, The Wall, for example, why not Spotify U.S.?

9 Replies

David
Spotify Legend
The reasons for this can be found on our FAQ post right here - https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/content/missing/
Airhorn Enthusiast

ljperez84

Now that Warner bought Parlophone.... can we have Pink Floyd in the catalogue?

Peter__
Community Legend

@ljperez84 wrote:

Now that Warner bought Parlophone.... can we have Pink Floyd in the catalogue?

Its up to the record labels to upload content to Spotify, why not write to them and ask!? 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

er43
Roadie
I wrote Warner Music Group a message about this, on Facebook. Hoping you other Pink Floyd fans do as well...

gurimd
Casual Listener
Still does not explain why a *complete* catalogue would *appear* one day and disappear the next. ON THE SAME DEVICE. This has happened to me with Floyd and Doors.

boutitbenza_699
Music Fan

don't blame WMG, blame Pink Floyd themselves, they are an old band and most of the old bands from the 60s, 70s and 80s refuse to put music on Spotify let alone the iTunes store. hell, Metallica did the same thing until December of last year when they finally caved and put their entire studio catalog and S&M and Some Kind of Monster documentry soundtrack  on Spotify. 

sometimes it isn't the record label but the artist themselves that prevent songs from streaming on spotify. 

gurimd
Casual Listener

Let's try this one more time:

March 13: Search for Pink Floyd results include the DISCOVERY BOX SET [that's 14 official release CDs].
March 14: Search for Pink Floyd results include the same old "Live at Knebworth" plus the covers-crap.

March 13: Search for The Doors results include ALL SIX OFFICIAL RELEASES plus AN AMERICAN PRAYER and the soundtrack for the documentary "When You're Strange".

March 14: Search for The Doors reveals NONE of the official releases.

March 18: Search for The Doors brings up THREE of the six official releases [no "LA WOMAN" / "Morrison Hotel" / "Waiting for the Sun"]

March 19: Search for The Doors brings up the same 3 official releases, but now I see "When You're Strange" too - except some songs are grayed out.

Am I to believe that the dead Jim Morrison or his buddies have nothing better to do than to keep playing around EVERY DAY with what I can find on Spotify???

NO BELIEVABLE / PLAUSIBLE explaination other than Spotify playing games.

Oh, and btw, I've been a Premier member since Spotify came to the US.

Spoiler

rymclarney8388
Music Fan

how about some Led Zep as well.

Peter__
Community Legend

@rymclarney8388 wrote:

how about some Led Zep as well.

Led Zeppelin is one of those artists that has chosen not to be part of Spotify unforunately. Hopefully this will change in the future with other big names such as Metallica coming on board (although their case was a little different from what I understand!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS