block Drake

block Drake

user-removed
Not applicable

I regret very much that

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

is closed with no-intent-to-fix. The existing association algorithms of Spotify should be improved to better & faster learn from repeated "dislikes" on artists and genres. In my case, I already gave many "dislikes" on Drake and rap songs (no offence meant, I respect people loving this music). Or Spotify should add a feature allowing to block/unblock artists and genres. Please vote +1 on this topic if you agree that Spotify can be improved on this.

5 Replies

pdtf-d_hxmmw8

Agreed. I would like to listen to Spotify's featured lists without having to listen to Chris Brown.. 

Kees1vande4
Regular

hahaha what a bs statement; "Rest assured we’re working hard to improve suggested content, such as your Discover Weekly and Release Radar."

REST ASSURED people, 

We're working hard to make it look like a suggestion, but it's actually an advertisement.

user-removed
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more. It's obvious that they have no intentions to fix it, they even go so far as to silence people who suggest this feature by redirecting them to a Closed Idea from 2012 or 2013. I tried to revive the idea, but it was closed almost immediately due to being a "duplicate". Considering how insufficient the thumbs down and dislike buttons are, they never even bothered to fix the problem that my idea duplicated. 

Maybe this idea should be taken to twitter, where they can't delete it, or close the issue, since Community is clearly not as receptive as they try to make it seem. 

user-removed
Not applicable

You know I’d agree to this. Allowing to block certain people but I don’t think Spotify would allow Because I think that’s how the artist make their money by more accounts and then if we block them they start losing followers and bad publicity. But yes I’d love that so much to block artist some I just can’t stand. 

Getlostdave

And there is the issue, when people complain about being overwhelmed by drake adverts, threads get closed with pointers to other threads that are already closed. Drake needs to understand how much damage u2s associon with Apple did to their brand, and drake needs to withdraw from this stupid promotion, and Spotify needs to compensate him for the damage they have done to his reputation.

SUGGESTED POSTS