dosn't work on ipad

Solved!

dosn't work on ipad

antonioglorioso
Casual Listener

I subscribed the unlimited version after having unsubscribed the premium version. Now Spotify works on pc but no longer on Ipad.  An icon suggest I'd subscribe again  a premium version, but it doesn't sounds me right!, even because the app is already on Ipad and it dosn't allow me to download but only to open it, but it doesn't open anyway.I've already been charged for 4,99 euros on credit card. What I'm supposed to do now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey @jvs9932 🙂 

Spotify Premium is required if you want to use Spotify on your iPad. 

Unfortunately its down to the way music licensing works, and iPad is (like all tablets and phones) classed as a mobile device and therefore requires premium. Unlimited only gives you ad-free access (without time restrictions) on the desktop and web players. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify usage on any mobile device (phones and tablets) requires a premium subscription which is why your Spotify no longer works on your iPad. If you want to use Spotify on your iPad, you will need to upgrade to premium.

Peter

Peter

jvs9932
Casual Listener

I'm confused. The only reason I upgraded to Spotify Unlimited was so I could stream live and not be stuck with only the radio function but it seems that Spotify Unlimited only works with my PC, not the iPad. My business uses music for fitness classes and I wanted to use Spotify Unlimited to put together specific playlists which would then be played through my iPad. Is this not possible with Spotify Unlimited?

@Peter wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify usage on any mobile device (phones and tablets) requires a premium subscription which is why your Spotify no longer works on your iPad. If you want to use Spotify on your iPad, you will need to upgrade to premium.

Peter

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey @jvs9932 🙂 

Unfortunately its down to the way music licensing works, and iPad is (like all tablets and phones) classed as a mobile device and therefore requires premium. Unlimited only gives you ad-free access (without time restrictions) on the desktop and web players. 

Peter

View solution in original post

jvs9932
Casual Listener

That's too bad. It's not really helpful for my business in that format. I don't want to download songs, just play specific playlists (something that Pandora doesn't do). Since it's almost double the cost I guess I'll have to cancel.

Thanks.

@Peter wrote:

Hey @jvs9932 🙂 

SUGGESTED POSTS