family plan how to create separate account for additional family member

Solved!

family plan how to create separate account for additional family member

harlemfan

Recently upgraded from premium plan to family to add one family  member where theyve a separate account allowing both of us

to listen to music at the same time and have our own playlists...I sent the invite yet theyve access to the account yet its not separate so we both can't listen at the same time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

kbrooksc
Community Legend

Hey there @harlemfan!

You would need to use separate login credentials so you get into the other account. Both accounts have to be set up separately in order for this to function.

The Family plan is simply a way to allow you to get a discount for multiple users.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solution!

kbrooksc
Community Legend

Hey there @harlemfan!

You would need to use separate login credentials so you get into the other account. Both accounts have to be set up separately in order for this to function.

The Family plan is simply a way to allow you to get a discount for multiple users.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

sakura08
Roadie

I think @kbrooksc is right, you might need to sign out and log in to the separate account for the separate device. it's possible that you are logging in with the same credentials. You may also want to check the Spotify Family FAQ for more info.

Thanks.

mpberard

Hi, I'm facing same issue today. Even I've provided different email adresses, my kids can't loogin (their status is Free...) and if I provide my username & pwd details, then I can't anymore access Spotify ... I'm new and quite lost at this stage.

Thank you for your help

jamesjeude

If I have one account, signed up fro FAMILY, but want to have two separate simultaneous streams, how exactly do I do this, anyone know?  I tried setting up a 2nd account but it wants a credit card first.  Where do I attach two accounts together under a single Family plan?  Thanks in advance!  I love Spotify but their customer service and self service features are pretty weak, best I can see.  

SUGGESTED POSTS