playlists

playlists

Conchubhair
Regular

why is it that if i save a playlist i find on spotify, spotify says i created it and has my name as the user of the playlist?

8 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

That is weird, what device are you following the playlists from? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Conchubhair
Regular

im just on my laptop, im really confused. i found a lauren hill playlist so i saved, same as i found a 60's soul list so i saved it, but when i go to play it and it shows the playlist, at the top it says : LAUREN HILL by you 0 followers. with the option of sharing the playlist. on my profile is also shows recently found and saved music as mine, that i created.... its weird yet other playlists i have found have their original user named in the user colum

Peter__
Community Legend

How exactly did you "save" the playlist? 

Peter

Peter

Conchubhair
Regular

where it says (+save as playlist) in green, then when i look at it, it says added by me 2minutes ago and my name in the user colum, surely the user colum should hold the artist name or the person who uploaded the music in the first place...

Conchubhair
Regular

i just searched the beach boys and found a playlist and hit save, then on my profile it says i created this moments ago

Peter__
Community Legend

The "+ save as playlist" button should only appear on album pages (not real playlists) in which case that would be correct behaviour. Real playlists made by other users will have a "Follow" button instead of that one. 

Peter

Peter

Conchubhair
Regular

ok i understand that, but why would it say then that i created a playlist, surely then anyone who comes across that page and saves it would then be the creater of the same playlist??

Peter__
Community Legend

If someone else followed your playlist then you would still be the owner of that playlist but there is nothing to stop someone else using the same button you used to create the playlist. 

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS