spotify playing it's own music over my playslists..WTH ???

spotify playing it's own music over my playslists..WTH ???

Devastazione
Casual Listener

Hi !

I manage a bar and we've been using Spotify through the Sonos app for the past 2 months without any issues. The problem started yesterday : we select one of our 4/5 playlists and hit play,the thing works perfectly for about one hour and then all of a suddend an unkwon and not on our playlists song comes out. If I open the Ipad we use to control the system it just say " now playing on spotify" and the whole thing won't stop,it seems Spotify takes over the system. Whatta heck is this ?? How can I prevent this not to happen ?

Thanks

5 Replies

mndrs
Regular

This feature is called Autoplay and is managed by editing the settings in your Spotify settings page on your mobile or desktop device. 

The rationale behind the feature is to provide you with a seamless music experience where Spotify tries to play other relevant tracks based on the music in your playlist. 

if you don't like the feature you can turn it off simply by goin the settings page and disable the Autoplay function. On your mobile app this is found in the playback settings.

You can also disable the function simply by turing on repeat to make sure the playlist continues to play. 

Regards, 

Mattias

Follow me
IMG_8704.PNG
Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 15.16.37.png

Devastazione
Casual Listener

Thank you for your reply,but maybe i did not express myself correctly. Here is what is going on,I'll try to be as simple as possible :

I select on playlist wich is about 100 songs long. At about the 35th song the system take over and starts play a " now playing on Spotify " song.

mndrs
Regular
  1. Are you on Free or Premium? 
  2. Is the playlist available offline?
  3. What operating system are you using?

I doubt the system takes over. There must be something about the configuration. If I were you I'd try to reinstall the app and re-sync the playlists to have them avilable offline. 

Follow me

user-removed
Not applicable

Isn't this just the equivalent of showing a "featured post" on your Twitter stream or some selected post on your Facebook feed? These companies does not want you to just stay tuned to your own stuff but wants you to also consume what they decide you to consume - a featured "tweet" or some added material on your Facebook Timeline, or for that matter some featured article in a web based magazine that you have to look at before you can go on to read the article of your interest. The equivalent here would be to force you to listen to random added songs on your playlist, or insert a brief "featured" playlist before you can continue to play your own playlists. That way they may make you buy (indirectly) some new artist whose material is played to you. It's not about what you want to play on your playlist, but rather on how to make you consume more and different material. I think you will see more of this stuff all over the place - web, television, playlists, ...

mndrs
Regular

Lol. It's noting of the sort. Please refrain from conspiracy theories and stick to the actual user's problem at hand. 

More information is needed to fully answer the question and solve the problem the user is facing. 

Follow me
SUGGESTED POSTS