No worries, here are some things you can try if you're having troubles playing music on our Web Player:
- Make sure your browser is on the latest version available.
- Try opening the Web Player in a different browser or in an incognito/private window in your browser.
- Try a different device.
- If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
- Make sure to try the steps here.
If that doesn't do the trick, you can try checking your hosts file.
For that, you'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure!
1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. Go to File - Open and navigate to:
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes.
This Spotify Answer was submitted by @Sebasty.
Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.