Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A Guide to Ambient: Finding your calm in 2021

A Guide to Ambient: Finding your calm in 2021

Featuring Biosphere, Brian Eno, Stars of the Lid, Patrick O'Hearn, Harold Budd, Aphex Twin... and topped with peaceful Japanese ambient tunes. I hope this could help listeners get introduced to some of ambient's pioneers. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0O5hYFgKuHPEiA4WPub1xp

It's for everyone wanting to discover or dig deeper into ambient, or just getting peacefully through quarantine in 2021, I created this "Best of" playlist, starting with great classics drifting off into more unknown, but very melodic and dreamy deep cuts. 

Might be a good companion playlist to your new year's resolution to make meditation a daily habit. In any way, I hope it helps some find their way into the genre. Thanks

10 Replies

I already love these artists, so I'm interested to see how you put the mix together! 🙂

Thanks! Feel free to like the playlist or give some feedback 🙂

Really good flowing tracklisting, love the Biosphere one. Thanks. Fell in a deep dreamless sleep with this one.

I have been listening to it for the last hour. It's really, honestly really good 🙂 I can see myself using this as background music when I'm writing my book and I have emotional scenes haha! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Hey, thanks much for the feedback and good luck with your book project! Ideal indeed as background to writing and other creative work.

Don't forget to like the playlist on Spotify if you do 😉 I'll try to update it later if ever it gains some traction, feel free to and much appreciated of course. 

@elenak1 wrote:

Really good flowing tracklisting, love the Biosphere one. Thanks. Fell in a deep dreamless sleep with this one.

Thanks! Kobresia has such an atmosphere indeed and is a bit darker as well, amazing song isn't it?

Wow, love this playlist!

If you were looking for more calming music, here is my ‘Piano Phases’ playlist, updated regularly and featuring carefully curated contemporary classical piano music, great for calm and relaxing periods of reflection. Please have a listen/follow if you like 👏

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3XdQN0IrvQzuuGB4KgRMki?si=US5jItTBRKGUA70Ig2yqLw

@ hazelpoo: Lovely playlist, nice to see Jonny Greenwood and Goldmund in it. I followed! Thanks for your compliments and following my playlist too, it'd be much appreciated. Now, I'll be checking out more of your playlist... 🙂

Thanks for the feedback! 😉

Suggested posts