Announcements

Epic & Uplifting & Beautiful Vocal Music Ultimate Playlist

Epic & Uplifting & Beautiful Vocal Music Ultimate Playlist

sheíla
Gig Goer

Hey there and welcome to the Epic Music Thread!

About the Playlist, the genre and general informations:

1. Introduction

2. The reason for a personal playlist

3. What is "Epic Music"

4. Structure of the playlist

5. Epic Music Discussion

Introduction:

In this thread i want to share my Epic Music Playlist, often also called epic orchestral Music or Epicore, with you. Sadly, there is no category for orchestral music on Spotify. This was my initial idea to create a playlist which collects the very best of out of this genre.

What was the reason to create a huge personal playlist:

When i started to use Spotify i found a lot of playlists, which were built around the kind of music i like. But most of the playlists just added every single new release or anything that would fit the genre. There was no real selection of the music pieces.

The second reason was, that Epic Music =/= Epic Music. For example there is a lot of so called "action-hybrid-stuff" out there, but i don`t really like this kind of music that much. I`m more the kind of person who likes uplifting music pieces, music pieces which really touches you in your soul, which express emotions and so on. This bringes me to the third point.

What is "Epic Music":

The term "Epic Music" brings a lot of problems. Because everything can be "epic". The term epic was used, because it was so best word for many to fit music pieces like from "Two Steps from **bleep**" or "Really Slow Motion" for example. But also a lot of film music pieces are considered to be part of the genre "Epic Music".

But still, there is no real genre for that kind of music. As you can see, there was a good reason for me to create a playlist which tries to express, what "Epic Music" really is, at least for me. And so here we are.

Playlist-Structure:

At first: There is a structure. Many playlists don`t have any kind of structure but i don`t like this.

First: The music pieces are ordered by the number of music pieces from one artist. For example: "Thomas Bergersen" provides 15 music pieces for the playlist and "Really Slow Motion" provides 9 music pieces for the playlist. So The music pieces of Thomas Bergersen will be on top, because there are more music pieces from him in the playlist. When there is an artist with for example 14 songs, he will be listed under Thomas Bergersen, an artist with 16 songs will be listed above Thomas Bergersen.

Second: There is an alphabetical order. It may happens that 2 artists have the exact same amount of music pieces in the playlist, for example both artists have 8 music pieces. When this happens there will be an alphabetical order.

I decided to structure the playlists like this, so that really important artists are standing on top of the playlist but i still wanted to have some kind of alphabetical order.

Third: Artists often have different albums. The album with the most added music pieces to the playlist will stand on top of the place where the artist is listed in the playlist. When there is no higher amount of music pieces the albums are ordered by release date. Older releases stand on top of the new releases.

Please let me know how you find this kind of structuring and wheter you have some own ideas to improve the structure of the playlist.

Epic Music Discussion:

I always look for new music. As the genre i like can be descirbed as "complicated" it becomes harder for me to find new music pieces. Therefore i want to find more people with the same music taste. I want to talk with them about their favourite music pieces out of the genre and to get feedback from them, for example when they think there is some music piece missing in my playlist or that some music pieces don`t belong there.

I want to include other fans of the genre into my playlist, so that it really deserves the term "ultimate".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Updates:

From now on I will write down all music pieces which i added to the playlist and also those i might removed.

06.04.2017:

Added "The Persian Army" by Paradox Interactice & Andreas Waldetoft

29.03.2017:

Added "Blizzard" by Alexander Shalyapin

Added "Primal" by Alexander Shalyapin

18.04.2017:

Added Battlecry Anthology from Two Steps from **bleep**

Added Songs from "The Sound of Courage" from Antti Martikainen

Added Goodbye Brother from The City of Prague Philarmonica Orchestra

Added 2 Songs from new Mass Effect Andromeda Game

Added Across the Blood Water from Two Steps from **bleep**

Added Independence Day Main Theme from Harald Kloser (New Movie)

Added "Love me like you Do" from Fifty Shades of Grey (Ellie Goulding)

Welcome to the Epic Family!

2 Replies

Betreff: Epic & Uplifting & Beautiful Vocal Music Ultimate Playlist

sheíla
Gig Goer

New Album by Antti Martikainen - The Sound of Courage

Different Music Pieces added.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7sWesErDjHCAD3cVB97r1M

Re: Epic & Uplifting & Beautiful Vocal Music Ultimate Playlist

sheíla
Gig Goer

18. April

Added Battlecry Anthology from Two Steps from **bleep**

Added Songs from "The Sound of Courage" from Antti Martikainen

Added Goodbye Brother from The City of Prague Philarmonica Orchestra

Added 2 Songs from new Mass Effect Andromeda Game

Added Across the Blood Water from Two Steps from **bleep**

Added Independence Day Main Theme from Harald Kloser (New Movie)

Added "Love me like you Do" from Fifty Shades of Grey (Ellie Goulding)

I think its up to discussion, whether music pieces like "Love me like you do" or "Eyes Open" from Taylor Swift belong into this playlist, but for the moment they fit in for me since they are indeed movie soundtracks and fit the term "Epic & Uplifting & Beautiful Vocal Music. Another example would be "Sledgehammer" from Rihanna for one of the new Star Trek Movie.

SUGGESTED POSTS