Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Modern songs w/ violin

Modern songs w/ violin

I'm looking for some modern songs with violin in them. Any genre is fine, no classical music though. Not that I dont like it just not what im looking for. This is the song thats got me wanting to hear more violin. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

spotify:track:6M9vW8RKQTxj50QxHhPRGe

20 Replies

spotify:album:6g0XYCj2dR1RJxmGO0Iz72

Andrew Bird!

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Wow, this album is beautiful. Thank you!

Glad you like it. I hope to see a modern violin playlist on the exchange forum soon!

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

@tanner_f, Sigur Ros uses a lot of violin in their music.  The singer also likes to play a guitar like a violin which makes for some interesting sounds.

spotify:track:5V59q1QmCzLlOgIKUjaIm5

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

They definitely do have an interesting sound, very soothing. Do you know where they're from?

@tanner_f Sigur Ros is an Icelandic band from Reykjavik

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here are a few others:

spotify:track:3ayGj6dAWfSfD1KxL9wYh2

spotify:track:54RZSSUs8PpN4yG1gAnEtN

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

This 7" features Alina To, the violinist that was featured on Helplessness Blues.

spotify:album:4zF5KjjjtkPGPpeVUm3ax5

And I can't stop posting Andrew Bird. I didn't even realize he'd released a great album this year.

spotify:album:46rToEvrpltWPRZ0AFQAIs

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

If you don't mind gypsy punk Gogol Bordel has some. Emilie Autumn, and The Head and the Heart are pretty good too.

Thanks for all the recommendations dude, im loving all of these songs!

I don't think i've ever heard gypsy punk before, i'll have to give them a listen.

Good riddance by green day.

also, if you like electro pop music lindsay stirling is a modern violin artist.

In fact, something really cool is very difficult to find right now. Few people make remixes in this style, and now almost no one releases such music. As a violinist, it really saddens me to realize this. I often listen to various soundtracks from films performed on the violin or covers of people on YouTube. I would also like to thank the people who have shared the playlists in this thread. Thank you so much, it will definitely brighten up my evening and add to the collection of my favorite songs. I recently bought a new violin from https://www.learnviolinlessons.net/shop/category/violin/ โ€‹โ€‹and I think I will even try some of these songs on my new violin!

I think the violin sounds great in this track by the psychedelic/space rock band ร˜resund Space Collective, from their Kybalion album (released in 2018):

https://open.spotify.com/track/3HdER40mpMf6pdFD6CXrI3?si=JawVNOIoQHyp9xbDgRrVKg

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts