Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommend a band with fewer than 500 followers

Recommend a band with fewer than 500 followers

Spotify has a lot of amazing, undiscovered artists. Some of them just need a push into the spotlight. 

So in this thread you can recommend your favorite artists with less than 500 followers. 

To insert a Spotify Play Button just: 

1. Pick a track from the artist/ band. 

2. Right click and select Copy Embed Code.

3. Paste it in the HTML tab on your community post. 

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Psyence Fiction (34 followers). Recommended to me by @Jamie 

UPDATE: Don't feel like digging through the whole thread for new tunes? Here's a handy playlist for you.  Hit shuffle and enjoy:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:2jB5MPH3QzCPJnab9ASu6s

1,358 Replies

One of my favorite bands. to bad it was an occasion band, but if you are into bluegrass, certainly they have a few good songs!

Stene Isacsson (24 followers). Great Americana / Singer songwriter from Sweden. 

Someone should make a shared playlist of these songs.

Lovely lo-fi surf pop from Boston's Wakes (9 followers):

For fans of Blood Orange (171 followers):

Awesomeness from former Low Anthem member Jocie Adams (289 followers):

I definitly recommend the Mosaic Quartet, a "virtuoso pop" group that's on the rise in San Diego, California. Right now just their EP is on Spotify (they've got a pre-release of their upcoming album but I don't know when it will hit Spotify). Check them out!

May Weather has released an EP and a full length album, both of which have quite a variety of energetic, uplifting, good ol' rock and roll. The horn section is an interesting addition to the band. They are currently in the process of recording a second full length album and are going to release a single in the next week. Check 'em out!

Hello ! Adrian Orange  twenty or more albums and a handful of EPs since 2001, With or without Thanksgiving, AOK, et AO, The groups in which it has played, Adrian Orange is very prolific and very talented ( 143 followed )

tony, caro and John  (1972 ) (72 followers )

It was well

One of my favorites from the early 00's is Spoon. Their latest ep's with remixes are not as strong as their full length albums. Still cant believe they only have 59 followers though.

EDIT: As Meredith points out in a post below, there seems to be two different artist pages for the same artist - I just got the wrong one. Removed link to artist here as they clearly have more than 500 followers.

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

@lucafresc wrote:

Someone should make a shared playlist of these songs.

Done and done. Here's a playlist of tracks from these artists: <500 Followers

Hm this might be something we need to fix on our end. I believe you mean this Spoon which has 73,998 followers. 

I'm quite a fan too--Spoon – Girls Can Tell is a brilliant album. 

Here is an album from a younger composer who seems not to be too widely known yet. His name is Mohammed Fairouz, and in this album he works with some fairly well-respected groups. I am surprised he only has 47 followers.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

597 is close enough!

These guys are really fun to see live, and sometimes play free shows. They have insane energy on stage, crazy masks, and are very friendly guys to chat with. Consider it to be a sort of surf rock sound.

Kyle

For fans of Temples: 

and some indie-pop:

Hello !

41 followers for this strange thing

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hm this might be something we need to fix on our end. I believe you mean this Spoon which has 73,998 followers. 

I'm quite a fan too--Spoon – Girls Can Tell is a brilliant album. 

Strange, I've always gotten the artist page I linked to when searching for Spoon. Got their albums, so I only check that page occasionally for news. Better disregard my Spoon-addition to this thread then.

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Suggested posts