Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stoner Rock

Stoner Rock

Share your stoner rock playlists or tracks here. Here's my playlist for this genre:

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
16 Replies

Now at 150 tracks; feel free to listen or share if you enjoy stoner rock

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hi Spaghetti111, thanks for sharing; your playlist looks great, and I like the name lol. I noticed that it has a lot of my favorite stoner/doom metal artists like Dopelord, Kyuss, OM, Mars Red Sky, Witch, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Windhand, Acid King, and Monolord; so I followed your playlist and look forward to listening to it!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Here is my playlist for the genre.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3aW1baVrxINIVnNLsu426Q?si=PjHz9CvrTXSjOYB6KhbbDw

It's clearly not focused on Stoner/Desert only. It's also a lot of Progressive/Psychedelic/Post-rock stuff.

Hi nomemory, thanks for sharing; your playlist looks great. I also enjoy psychedelic and progressive rock, in addition to stoner, and I noticed that your playlist has a lot of bands that I like (e.g. 35007, Allan Holdsworth, Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound, Asteroid, Black Sabbath, Causa Sui, Colour Haze, Dead Meadow, Deep Purple, Earthless, Elder, Electric Wizard, Fรถllakzoid, Glowsun, Grails, Hawkwind, Hidria Spacefolk, Hills, Jimi Hendrix, Kikagaku Moyo, King Buffalo, King Crimson, Kungens Mรคn, Kyuss, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Mars Red Sky, Mondo Drag, Monkey3, Monomyth, My Brother The Wind, My Sleeping Karma, Mythic Sunship, Naxatras, Orange Goblin, Ozric Tentacles, Pelican, Phish, Pink Floyd, Purple Hill Witch, Rush, Samsara Blues Experiment, Siena Root, Sleep, Somali Yacht Club, Spaceslug, Stoned Jesus, The Myrrors, TOOL, and Truckfighters); so I followed your playlist and look forward to listening!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hey TreyAnastasio i've just followed you on Spotify, are you an artist ? Or it's just name coincidence?

Hi nomemory, Iโ€™m not an artist; my screenname is TreyAnastasio because Trey Anastasio is the guitarist for Phish, my favorite band, and I thought it would be cool to see if people on the Spotify Community recognize a fellow Phish phan. You might like some of Treyโ€™s solo recordings on his Spotify page, though; I particularly like โ€œAlive Again,โ€ โ€œSand,โ€ and โ€œPorters Pyramids.โ€

AdamDamSpotify Star

Now at 170 tracks; feel free to listen or share if you enjoy stoner rock

AdamDamSpotify Star

if u fall asleep listening to this, you'll wake up in a different dimension lol

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2XmF0u1wjd4uDEplpCKZwR?si=nTlOELZwTTqNdiB1kazaAg

our playlist of local Stoner Rock + from Austria

#stonerrock #stonerdoom #doom #desertrock 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GbjxWtyxFqgtQhAFltx1T?si=Wy5jmqI8Tr2LSuwV_D_Vyw

Hi cwofficial, thanks for sharing your playlist. I had no idea that there are so many stoner rock bands from Austria; Iโ€™ll check them out! Also, I just discovered this Austrian stoner/alternative/fuzz rock band today called Witchrider while browsing a playlist by Truckfighters, and thought Iโ€™d share them with you in case you like them as well. Hereโ€™s my favorite track of theirs:

https://open.spotify.com/track/231yDTUYLGOkM8tmFEUg6J?si=D7B7MkhETZCDi-t0x4ZhTA

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hi Trey! 

glad you like the playlist. Yeah man, the Stoner Rock scene is pretty big here. Austria/Germany and it's surroundings has a lot to offer in that regard. Which I'm quiet happy about as I'm playing in a Stoner/Doom Rock band myself called "Caged Wolves" . Maybe give it a listen and add a track to your playlist if you dig it. 

Already found a bunch of new stuff so I'll probably do a Local Fuzziness #2 playlist at some point. Maybe branching out a bit further, including some neighbouring countries as well.

And Yep I know Witchrider well, almost played together with em' a few months ago and probably will at some point, thery're awesome.  

Caged Wolves

Cheers man! 

Now at over 200 tracks; feel free to listen or share if you enjoy stoner rock

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hi man!

It seems you are a great lover of the genre...so do i!

i would like to know what you think about OTAKUSUITE debut album... it's a genuine mix of stiles... they play a strange version of stoner rock with elements of jazzrock, progressive, and a lot more... it is very interesting in my opinion... let me know what you think about it

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7C57JI5DwessZGpOHSIFvO?si=MX8872SlQI2595_reJF8-Q

cheers

Suggested posts