Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Musical Chain. Wanna join?

The Musical Chain. Wanna join?

Hi Spotify Friends,

I'd like to start a new playlist which works as a musical chain. This means that each song is somehow related to the previous and the next. The links in the chain could be anything, from similar type of music or same country of origin to another band of same band member or related song title. You get the idea! I could do this all by myself, but it would be much much nicer if this great (and knowledgeable) community could participate and suggest original links. That way, I am sure we'd end up with a fantastic chain to listen to.

If you're keen to participate or have any ideas, give me a shout.

Allow me to start with a song from the first album I ever bought (on vinyl!) way back in the 1970s:

Blondie - Hanging On The Telephone

spotify:user:jeehbeeh:playlist:0493EoGZtMSX2SLG0iuHLt

26 Replies

Love this.  Can I play?  

Follow me around.  

Follow me

The Goods.

Of course you can. We'd be delighted to know you suggestion for a link to the latest song: Les Negresses Vertes - La France A Ses Dimanches. I suggested this song myself, but now realise that it may be a challenge to find a link for the non-French. Anyhow, I hope you can prove me wrong.  🙂

Okay.  So I've been really thinking on this one.  

I gave the song a listen (on youtube, can't access the content on Spotify) and I also I found this article from Spin in 1990 that compared the band to LL Cool J singing Jacques Brel and I almost went with Jacques.  I also texted my wife for a translation (not fully trusting Google translate) and have decided to go with "Sunday" by David Bowie from the album Heathen.  I came very close to picking that old band The Sundays but decided to go with Bowie in rememberance.  

Does that work?  😉

Follow me

The Goods.

Nice! I'll add Bowie a.s.a.p.

can you add sunday morning call by oasis. Little known album track sung by noel thats actually rather good. The link being the sunday

Link 12 added:

Who - Young Man Blues (Live) - BRMC is sometimes referred to as 'the band who broke the floor', as in 2003 a concert in Leeds Town Hall (UK) was cancelled halfway through the set, because a 150-year old floor was at risk of collapsing. The Who is another band famous for playing in Leeds and smashing things, in particular guitars and hotel rooms (suggested by A_Music_Buff).

Thats actually brilliant

Suggested posts