Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error message when postings spotify

Solved!

error message when postings spotify

Hello, I know this has probably been asked, but I need some help. I have been trying to post playlists for the last hour or so and I keep getting an error message that says you must put in a valid url, yet when I click on it, it opens up spotify directly to my playlist. I tried on my iPhone as well as my desktop computer with windows 8.1. I beleive I am doing it right, but perhaps someone can help. Again I apologize if this was already asked.

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nah, take a look at your screenshot. That's the question mark I'm referring to.spotify.png

Just type in user: and your handle between where it says spotify: and playlist:.

So the URI should look like this when you're ready to post:

spotify:user:USERNAME:playlist:6dPnR5V85yZU3pTnw2Hra1

See if that works out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I was in the same boat not long ago. Biggest bruh moment ever.

You see that little question mark next to where it says Spotify Playlist link? Hover over that, and you'll see a box containing all the different URI formats and stuff. For playlists, it's spotify:user:xxx:playlist:yyy. Just type in the "user:" part after you've pasted the playlist's URI and then your Spotify handle in place of where the x's are. If you're one of the unlucky ones like myself who had no option of choosing their own username and instead got stuck with keyboard mash, just copy your profile's URI to grab it. Hope this helps.

I am on my desktop and do not see that. This is my spotify playlist link. 

spotify:playlist:6dPnR5V85yZU3pTnw2Hra1

I have attached a screen shot. Perhaps you can send a screenshot? What a nightmare just to sshare a playlist.

spotify2.JPG
Marked as solution

Nah, take a look at your screenshot. That's the question mark I'm referring to.spotify.png

Just type in user: and your handle between where it says spotify: and playlist:.

So the URI should look like this when you're ready to post:

spotify:user:USERNAME:playlist:6dPnR5V85yZU3pTnw2Hra1

See if that works out.

Thank you so much! That was driving me nuts.

Suggested posts