Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth controls are not working in my car, I cannot skip songs or pause.

Bluetooth controls are not working in my car, I cannot skip songs or pause.

Hi,
I had a Samsung Galaxy S21 and I couldn't use my car's control to skip songs or pause the music. It was working with my clock, but not with the car itself. However, another applications as YouTube music were working fine. I thought it was because of my phone (my wife has the same mobile and for her it was working fine), but now I have bought a Pixel 7 Pro and I have the same problem: YT music working fine, Spotify does not.
I tried everything I looked at the forums with my previous phone, as changing bluetooth AVRCP version with no luck.
Any ideas? Thanks!
5 Replies

Hey @rafacampos,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To start investigating this case, it would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Also, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have tested my wife's account in my device and it didn't work, Spotify version 8.8.10.582. and Android 13. Initially I thought it was my device, but other applications are working fine as I said in my first post.

I have also tested my account in my wife's mobile and it is working fine. Before the Pixel 7 Pro I had the same model and it was not working neither. She also has Spotify version 8.8.10.582 and Android 13.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks!

Regards,

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply.

We're aware that some devices may have issues with the Bluetooth controls. As much as we want to fix this immediately, we can't commit to a timeframe on a fix. At this point there are more pressing matters and the Bluetooth controls won't rank high enough. Rest assured we hope to see working Bluetooth controls across all devices some day.

We hope you understand,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I guess I'll need to stick to YT music then. Thanks for helping.

Exact same issue with my Pixel 7 Pro... Sadly i listen to music mostly in my car so it'll be an end to my Spotify account for me

Suggested posts