Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11 & Car Thing

Operating System

iOS 15.4

My Question or Issue

About an hour after setting up my Car Thing, my playlist I use everyday disappeared from the home screen of Car Thing. When I went to check the Spotify app, the playlist did not appear in my library, even after sorting by playlists. I was able to recover it by searching for it in Search, but all the songs I had downloaded from it had been deleted and the playlist had been removed from my profile.

After re-adding it to my profile and redownloading it, I hoped that would fix the Car Thing Display, but it has not. I can play the playlist from my phone and it will play through Car Thing, but when I try to add the playlist to the saved buttons, it does not display the playlist artwork I have it set to or show up on the home screen.

This might be an account issue, but since this was started by Car Thing I wanted to start here.

Remedies I Have Tried

• Restarting Car Thing
  • Factory Resetting Car Thing
  • Updating the Spotify App
  • Logging out and back into the Spotify App
  • Re-adding the playlist to my account

Thank you for any insight you may have.

3 Replies

Hey @wizardoz10,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Also, could you confirm if this happens with just 1 playlist? In case you haven't tested it, we'd recommend trying with a different playlist to see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists, would you mind including the URI of the playlists in your next response? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for reaching out OscarDC. I did not do a clean reinstall of the app, just logged out and logged back in. This problem was only happening with 1 playlist. I tried another playlist and it was added easily to my presets and still showed up on the home page of Car Thing.

However, it seems as if the issue is resolved. I don't know if letting it sit off overnight reset some settings, but my playlist now appears on the Home page of Car Thing, as well as the home screen of the Spotify App.

Might have been a weird bug while Car Thing was trying to add the playlist to the preset buttons, but my other playlist that I added to a preset was working fine.

Once again I appreciate the advice! I can post the playlist link if you'd like, but it seems that for now everything is okay.

Hey @wizardoz10,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine by now. However, if the issue reappears, don't hesitate to come back. 

It's always a pleasure to help and remember we're just a post away in case you need us 🙂

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts