Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Thing Plays Audio During Setup but Not Music

Car Thing Plays Audio During Setup but Not Music

Connected Car Thing to my phone and my phone to 2016 Toyota Sienna via bluetooth.  During initial setup the audio played over the car speakers, once the setup was completed I tried playing music and it showed as playing on the phone, car thing, and car screen but no audio was coming out of the speaker.  Phone volume and car volume were at appropriate levels.  

Tried resetting to factory and reconnecting but I had the same results.

Not sure what else to try.

Plan - Premium

Country - USA

Device - Iphone 12, ios 15.6

4 Replies

Hey there @finalitime

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind checking in your car the sound or volume settings and making sure the correct audio output is selected (e.g. front speakers)?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni - The setup is fine, as I mentioned when going through the getting started wizard I can hear the audio from the CarThing.  It's only when it's setup is complete and I play a song that I can see playing on phone screen, CarThing screen and car screen that I cannot hear any audio.

Hey @finalitime,

Thanks for your reply and for keeping us posted about this.

We really appreciate the time you took to send us those details; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience and to solve this as soon as possible. The best way to go in this case would be to contact the dedicated support team for the Car Thing. You can find out how to contact them here

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My car thing connects to my phone via Bluetooth but the set up audio plays from my phone and not my Bluetooth speakers

Suggested posts