Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

Hello. I just received my Car Thing today and was disappointed to discover the queue and the phone call features were lacking from my new device. I learned that these features were released in an update during April of this year and was wondering why it isn’t available on my new Car Thing. Is there a way I can update it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mmatuk 

Great to hear that you received your Car Thing! 🙂

Car Thing updates itself while you are using it and it's connected to your phone via Bluetooth.

The Spotify mobile app checks for updates and then transfers it over to the Car Thing device. 

All you have to do is continue to use Car Thing like the instructions say and soon when you turn it on it will have updated to the latest update with the latest features.

When Car Thing devices are shipped they might not have the latest update installed, but after use they should be auto updated during normal use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mmatuk 

Great to hear that you received your Car Thing! 🙂

Car Thing updates itself while you are using it and it's connected to your phone via Bluetooth.

The Spotify mobile app checks for updates and then transfers it over to the Car Thing device. 

All you have to do is continue to use Car Thing like the instructions say and soon when you turn it on it will have updated to the latest update with the latest features.

When Car Thing devices are shipped they might not have the latest update installed, but after use they should be auto updated during normal use.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also, I forgot to mention, make sure the Spotify app is up to date on your phone. You can check to make sure your phone settings are set to auto update apps whenever new versions come out. That will make sure the latest updates will also be pushed out to the Car Thing device when in use.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts