Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Thing could be amazing for Basic Phone users

Car Thing could be amazing for Basic Phone users

When I saw the ad for Car Thing I was so completely stoked. 

I've recently made the switch to a more minimal phone set-up using a Light Phone but have been unable to completely get away from using my old smartphone so I could listen to Spotify and podcasts for drive times. (I have no data on my old smartphone anymore so I've just been downloading the playlists I'd like to listen to on the go) I had just talked to my husband not a month ago about how completely amazing it would be if Spotify came out with it's own music player so we could get away from our smart phones permanently.

Car thing seemed like the perfect answer!  Until I saw it needs a smart phone connection to play.

I would love it if Car Thing could figure out an option to work without a smartphone. It would mean so much to all the minimalist phone users out there!! 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LightPhoneIOS and iPhone 8

My Question or Issue

Could Car Thing have the option to work without a smartphone?

1 Reply

Hey, @writeous_babe
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry, but it's not possible currently. However, feel free to submit a new idea requesting this possibility to CarThing.

You can get the step-by-step of the submission process here:

After submitting your idea, don't forget to share it with your friends to make the idea popular enough to reach the Staff.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts