Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Thing in the UK

Car Thing in the UK

Ive been reading about the Car Thing which i look forward to and will work perfectly for what i need it to as i dont have bluetooth in the car but do have a AUX

But i was disappointed to learn the trail for this like many of other products from many other companies is USA based only and the UK always has to play 2nd fiddle to these sort of things 

What makes the UK 2nd rate?

Being that the UK has a huge market i thought i would contact Spotify to find out why this trail is USA based only and they advised me to submit an idea here to request that the UK can trail this as well especially as Spotify is based in Sweden which is a European neighbour of ours 

25 Replies

I'm from Denmark and I wonder the same. I am aware the US has a bigger market but there must be a way to include the eruopean listeners. If not from the start then as early as possible because that 'car thing' sure does look awesome! 

Agree why us uk just forgot about 

Same here, I'm from Australia and I was excited to get The car thing for free till I realised it's for US only. Although if this product becomes successful there will be a worldwide purchases.

Hey, everyone! @Razor1979 @Larsin05 @wba_john @Rasm186j 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Thank you so much for your interest in CarThing. I really comprehend that doesn't have access to it now can be frustrating...

Actually, CarThing is currently under test and that is the main reason it will only be sent to some US users, only. Maybe in the future, it will be expanded for more countries. 

The best way to keep yourselves up-to-date about all news from Spotify is by following it on social media or on Spotify Newsroom.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi thank you for you explanation but you still havenโ€™t stated why your only testing in the USA rather than using your European neighbours?

My guess the trail is limited to the US is because then they (Spotify) only has to comply with rules and regulations of one country. But it still is a shame that the EU, your home audience, is being ignored completely. There are tons of people over here that would like to use CarThing. Myself included.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts.

Car Thing is currently only available in the US. We don't have any information about other markets right now. Sorry for any disappointment.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I got premium so I could get carthing only to find out that it is only available in the us and not in the uk which is where I live which sucks cause I have been with Spotify for soo long and it is my dream to have carthing only to find out that they are now crushed Very dissatisfied Will be hoping for carthing to arrive in the uk

What if I purchase it from US market and use it in UK?

Is this purely for Americans? If so, why?

There is nothing in the product preventing you from purchasing Car Thing in the US and using it elsewhere. Do note that the voice system is currently optimised for US English only.

/Bjรถrn

Could have at least left car mode enabled on EU devices then 

Would the US device work in a UK car? 

Estonia here. I would also like to buy that thing. 

More than a year later and still no info on when this is available for the UK and EU! Ridiculous! When you said it was a trial but why has the trial not moved on to other countries?

Looks like the device has failed in the USA ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ, just back from there myself and they are advertising at a discount price just to sell stock by the looks of things so I wouldnโ€™t expect to get it in any other country at all 

I can see this is now officially released but no way to purchase in the UK. The store even says US addresses only. Bit dissapointing really as can not see the reason to keep it in the US.

Do you know how to order the Car Thing outside of the US? Since you can't enter another country in the checkout other than United States. 

-Oskar

It's been over a year and Car Thing is being sold for its original price (US only), meaning it's no longer being tested, when can we expect it in different markets?

Suggested posts