Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car thing - Sold out

Car thing - Sold out

Might not be the right forum, but I saw a few posts about the Car Thing  on youtube and tried registering for a free one a couple of months back however it seemed limited to the US rather than global premium/family plans.

I went to look at purchasing a unit today however noticed the units sold out. Is there any plans to get any more or a newer model released?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies

I doubt we'll hear anything "official" but really hoping for a restock before Christmas.  I think it's pretty unlikely.. as the device has been reportedly been rooted and the security vulnerability was reported to Spotify. Spotify had claimed the device was ineligible for a bug bounty payout due to the device being consider "no longer supported".

Which might mean, maybe a v2? But unlikely, as these were offloaded at a significantly discounted rate.  Wishful thinking, but will keep my fingers crossed.

Car Thing was discontinued a few months ago and all production on making new devices stopped.

It it unlikely to go on sale again if all of the stock has been sold. However, there could still be some stock they need to prepare before it goes back on sale so I would keep checking back later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’d like to purchase one as well, so hoping they restock soon!

It looks like everyone who bought them up at deep-discounted prices are now reselling them on ebay 😂 $60.

They’re like $70-$200

Suggested posts