Car thing - Volume issue

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

My Question or Issue

I'm having an ongoing issue where once my car is on and everything is up and running, the volume skips around. I'll adjust it via the wheel on the device or directly from my phone and it'll jump either immediately to another number, or sometimes just to zero. The only way to rememdy this is to do a full restart every single time.
I have this issue over and over again -- Even if I turn my car off for a moment, and turn everything back on.

It's infuritating. This is NOT the product I paid almost $100 for. 

21 Replies

Hey @jv04,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The lagging and not loading info correctly could be related to some intermittent Bluetooth connectivity issues between your mobile device and CarThing. We'd recommend that connected devices should be placed closer to each other if possible to avoid break ups of the signal while driving. For instance you could also use an AUX cable for the connection from your mobile device to your vehicle's stereo, to see if this will make any difference. More info on setting up your CarThing could be read here.

If this happens consistently after your latest update, then please include a video of the situation alongside a short video of the new issue with the volume as well. This info will be very helpful for our investigation. You can send a link to your videos (upload them somewhere) or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Blast? Lol, I wish. My guess to 30 and it's far from blasting...aaand I had to buy an aux adapter because I have an older older truck... So, it just goes to 30 but sounds like 10... Why won't it go as loud as my radio goes?

Suggested posts