Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car thing will not connect to phone keeps shutting off or is stuck in sleep

Car thing will not connect to phone keeps shutting off or is stuck in sleep

I can't get car thing to run properly at all
8 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, we suggest that you take a look at this article and try the suggested steps there. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have tried all of the suggested fixes but with no results.  My device just no longer works properly.  It's stuck in a kinda reboot but will not connect to my phone, or when it turns on it turns right back off, like a restart 

Hi @JAM78,

Thanks for the info. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • A video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It has been going on for a few weeks, have not been able to use it.  I can't get any of the information because I can't get it to run properly all the information should be on my account.   This is just a problem on car thing I'll get a video later today

Here is a video of it in a loop

Hey @JAM78,

Thanks for your reply and for the video recording shared.

This type of issue could be related to some pending updates that the Car thing may have. To make sure this is not causing the issue, we'd recommend taking your Car Thing indoors and connecting it to your Wi-Fi network at home to force the update. We'd recommend leaving the Car thing connected for several hours to check if you notice any difference after that.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I brought the device inside and it only displays Spotify its the same thing as outside.  At this point I'll just toss it in the trash and call it a day.  It doesn't work plan and simple won't update turn on or connect to my phone.  It's junk 

Hey @JAM78,

Thanks for getting back to us and bringing your feedback. 

We'd recommend to reach out to Customer Support through one of the channels here. Our Car thing team, that deal with specialized issues like yours, will happily help out further as they are the ones in charge of it and we don't have access to their systems.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts