Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car thing won’t boot

Car thing won’t boot

My car thing suddenly won’t boot.  Upon power up it displays the Spotify logo but won’t go any further.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?

5 Replies

Hi there @ChrisZornes,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you make sure that your cigarette power outlet provides 12V, as on some car models it only supplies 10V, which is not enough to power the Car Thing. 

Also, make sure the cable is plugged in correctly. Some users report that they really need to push it into the device in order for the Car Thing to power up.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried it in both of my cars and on a charger in my home.  When the device starts the spotify logo will display and then nothing else.  It appears that it is failing to boot into the operating system.

Hey @ChrisZornes,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the information sent.

If the issue also happens using a charger at home, it could be related to the software, or hardware of your device. In this case, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support so they can redirect your case to the CarThing support.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.  

OscarDCModerator

Any resolutions to this? I'm having the same issue

Hey @Wshuff,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If you have already checked that the cigarette power outlet provides 12V, and that the cable is plugged in correctly, we'd recommend reaching out to our Customer support and being redirected to the CarThing support.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts