Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Thing confirmation email

Car Thing confirmation email

Yesterday I received an email about getting the car thing. I responded to the email and it said check for a confirmation email but I never got it.

I have checked my junk and spam and nothing. If I revisit the page it just tells me I am signed up and get check my confirmation email.

I wasn't charged or asked to pay the shipping cost which I was prepared to do.

What is the status of this, is there an issue?

15 Replies

Hey, @Preacher_Dad 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

CarThing was launched recently and not everyone who showed interest will receive it this time around. That means that even if you received an email confirming your "interest", maybe you won't get CarThing yet. For now, the suggestion is that you wait more days and periodically check your inbox. If you are selected, you'll receive an email with more pieces of information as soon as Spotify starts the process.

In the future, you'll be able to apply for future releases, if you don't be selected this time.

More information about CarThing can be viewed here

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also had this issue with my Facebook being linked to the wrong email and the website keeps telling me the same thing, "Hi there,

You’ve already signed up to get a Car Thing. Check your emails for confirmation.
Thank you!" I would like to know if there's a way to resend the email or try to reset the confirmation email in a way.
I am based in the US.

Hi there @Vekzz,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

If you can't access your old email address we suggest that you contact out customer support so that they can help you update your email address directly from their end since your account was created through Facebook.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂 Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I also had this issue too. Although, I was able to purchase it. On June 13th I purchased the car thing and I then got an email saying they received my order. Something seemed a little off about the email because it didn’t seem to be form Spotify.**bleep** to make sure it was an actual email from Spotify. I get emailed back saying it wasn’t an email from Spotify. But the website I used was the actual Spotify car thing link. I was very confused and emailed them asking if I was still going to receive my purchase. They said I would and I should wish for the confirmation email. As of today I still have yet to receive anything, not even a confirmation email. I don’t know what to do.

Hey there @jltx3,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

In this case, reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can give you further info and a hand with this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

I'm having a similar issue, but I've gotten an email from Spotify saying that I have been invited to purchase a car thing. I went to go and purchase it and filled out all the information and then clicked Place Order, but it keeps bringing me back to the Place Order page. It is not giving me any confirmation of the order or anything so I am wondering if my order has been placed or not!

Hey @elisabethmarie,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend trying to purchase Car Thing again using an incognigo browser window or a different browser.

If the issue continues, take a screenshot of any error code if one appears and reach out to our Customer Support team through one of the channels here. They should be able to check what's going on.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey I have the same problem I checked my email address and there’s nothing there I even checked the spam and junk but it doesn’t show nothing and I only have the order number? What can I do ?

Hi @Ka4417,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

To start, we suggest you make sure you're checking the email that is currently registered on your account

If everything seems okay with your contact information, then we suggest you reach out to our folks from Customer Support through one of these options. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I ordered my Spotify car thing on June 29 but I haven’t received a confirmation email yet. The money was taken out of my bank as well. How can I get my tracking number? 

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

I ordered car thing and never got a confirmation email but I was charged. I’m worried I won’t receive emails or the car thing altogether. I’ve checked my spam and promotions as well and nothing is there. Is there a problem with my order? Unhelpfully the page I had my order on reloaded and I didn’t get to save my order number. Not sure how to get back to that page but my account was charged and it’s associated with my premium subscription and name so hopefully there’s proof somewhere but I want to make sure I get the order. If anyone could reply that would be great. Thanks!

Hi there @Lizzy21,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

In this case we recommend that you follow @MafeG suggestion above. 

Note: If you haven't, check your junk folder as well.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

To this date I have never heard a word more about car thing! Is it just not
happening?

I am having the same problem. I ordered mine a couple of hours ago and got charged but never received my confirmation email.

the same exact thing just happened to me. I've been in a support chat for the past 30 minutes and they haven't done anything.

Suggested posts