Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does car thing work with a Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter sending signal to a car radio?

Solved!

Does car thing work with a Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter sending signal to a car radio?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11, Wireless in-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter, Car Radio Station, Radio)

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue

Just wanna be sure before I purchase one. Any help would be useful. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Batman8ter,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. We'd like to shed some light to this 🙂

Car Thing doesn't actually send the music, your phone which connects to the Car Thing does. 

Car Thing just provides an interface for drive-friendly interaction. So if your phone currently works with your FM transmitter, Car Thing will allow you to control the music sent from your phone via Spotify to your FM transmitter. You should just make sure to choose connect to your car via Bluetooth during the Car Thing setup.

We hope that this cleared some things up for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Have a continued great weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Batman8ter,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. We'd like to shed some light to this 🙂

Car Thing doesn't actually send the music, your phone which connects to the Car Thing does. 

Car Thing just provides an interface for drive-friendly interaction. So if your phone currently works with your FM transmitter, Car Thing will allow you to control the music sent from your phone via Spotify to your FM transmitter. You should just make sure to choose connect to your car via Bluetooth during the Car Thing setup.

We hope that this cleared some things up for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Have a continued great weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What if I only have an fm transmitter for music. Like my car doesn’t have Bluetooth. 

Hey @Rkoivupalo

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

No worries, you'd only need to have Bluetooth connection to connect your phone with the Car thing.

For more info, we suggest that you check this and this article.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iphone 11

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I’m worried that the car thing will not work with my car. I connect to my car/stereo by using an FM transmitter that is plugged into a car charger 

why won’t the car thing work when plugged into my fm transmitter

Hey @beccalee_,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, take into account that a 12V power outlet in your car would be needed to connect it with the adapter provided. So, make sure your FM transmitter meets that requirement. You can read more about it in this article

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I bought a $6 fm transmitter off that Wish website- plugged it into my 12v outlet that was originally for the car lighter. 87.7fm was the lowest setting I could set on the radio, I then set the transmitter to 87.7. I even saved the station in one of the preset buttons on the stock deck

1. The transmitter has Bluetooth, turn on the Bluetooth in your cell - scan and pair

Now everytime I jump in the car, they automatically sync up. I can use spotify or YouTube, whatever app that plays audio and my music comes through the speakers in the car. I didn't wanna spend a lot on a transmitter incase it did not work. I have a base model 2005 Honda civic and it works just as if I was using a little Bluetooth speaker.... it will due for now. I can't complain, I got my tunes going, commercial free/no radio **bleep**, change songs using the phone - I'm super happy. Id say go for it. It's inexpensive and you don't have to hear the same songs over and over like they do on the radio.

Hope that makes sense

Suggested posts