Premium

Country

United States

Device

(GM Infotainment System)

Operating System

(GM Infotainment System)

My Question or Issue

My spotify app worked perfectly up until update Version: 4.0.8.0-gm(28321). Ever since the update the app now re-plays every song after I turn off and back on my truck. It also does not update the daily mixes, which is the main thing I listen to. 

There has been no change on my truck, my phone or my trucks hotspot connection. The only change that has happened is the spotify app update.

2 Replies

Hi there @dj4070,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

The Spotify app for cars and onboard systems are developed by the car manufacturer using Spotify API. It would be best to turn to them for support with this, as they'll be able to give you more accurate information on what's happening.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having an ongoing technical support call with GM about Spotify on my 2020 GMC vehicle.  Am I reading your response correctly that the vehicle manufacturers create their own Spotify instance on their vehicles?  GMC tech supports indicates that Spotify has made changes with the 4.0.8 version that "broke" Spotify on my vehicle.  Are there reference documents (of roles and responsibilities) that I could provide to the GM support team so they would know that they need to look internally for the answer rather than externally to Spotify?

Suggested posts