How do you seek on the Car Thing?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Car Thing

My Question or Issue

I accidently seeked within a track forwards and backwards using the dial twice before. I have not been able to recreate this and the document and FAQs do not mention this feature. FYI I do not mean the 15 sec forward/back on podcasts but actually seeking in tracks using the dial.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Figured it out! You have to tap (not hold) directly on the bar that has the duration/length then the time elapsed will appear on the left and the time remaining will appear on the right. From there you can either drag your finger across the screen left to rewind and right to go forward or turn the turn the dial counterclockwise to rewind and clockwise to go forward.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Im not aware of way to use the dial but i do know that you can do it on the screen where you hold down the bar that shows the length/duration of the podcast or song. 

@MattSuda Do you by any chance know if there is a way with the dial?

Marked as solution

Figured it out! You have to tap (not hold) directly on the bar that has the duration/length then the time elapsed will appear on the left and the time remaining will appear on the right. From there you can either drag your finger across the screen left to rewind and right to go forward or turn the turn the dial counterclockwise to rewind and clockwise to go forward.

Hey @Keanu_C sorry didn't see this message until now.

@crazychrisc Glad to hear you got it figured out! It's a somewhat of a hidden feature that is not mentioned in the help manual or at least wasn't when I got mine. I was delighted to see this feature too when I first started using my Car Thing.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts