Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My car thing can't update and the app keeps crashing

My car thing can't update and the app keeps crashing

I have a ZFlip 3 along with a car thing. I can connect to car thing, play a song for 3 seconds, and then it disconnects from my phone. I see on the app that there is an update, but I can't update it and the app crashes constantly. This just started today. I can play spotify normally on my BT without it crashing. I also cleared the data, restarted my phone and the car thing, as well as uninstalled spotify to no avail.
3 Replies

Hey @LunarBlossum 

Thanks for reporting this.

There is an issue with the recent Car Thing update and the issue is currently being investigated by the Car Thing team.

They have stopped the rollout of this update. It seems to be affecting the Android app and not the iOS app.

If you are having this issue, you will need to re-install the Spotify mobile app in order to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are still having this issue after a re-install, please let me know.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Matt, I'm having the same issue and the reinstall didn't help. I also completely repaired the car thing after the reinstall/reboot and nada. Crashes everytime I connect after a few seconds.

Hey @ChefHorst

The fix happened at 9 AM (Stockholm, Sweden time) on Friday (March 17)

If you reinstalled the app before this time, then please try to reinstall the app again now.

Let me know how it goes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts