Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play thing car controls stopped functioning

Play thing car controls stopped functioning

Good morning,

For the last few days, with my iPhone 12 connected to the car thing, my in car basic controls have been disabled. As in I am unable to skip forward or back tracks using the existing controls I’ve had. These controls worked with car thing in the past. Additionally when connected, Spotify will stop playing music completely at the end of a track even when in a continuous playlist or radio. It will also stop when I attempt to switch from one preset to another using the presets. The issue ceases to occur when I power off the car thing.

I’m not sure if it was a Spotify app update or one of the iOS updates that changed things but it is frustrating. I’ve tried updating the phone completely as well as a Spotify reinstall.
3 Replies

Seems liked the latest update solved the problem thank you! 

Hey there @justice_night

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

We're glad to know that the latest update fixed the issue. If it ever comes up again, you can try logging out and then logging back into your account twice in a row. This helps trigger a sync between your account and device. Also, it's worth trying with a different internet connection. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

IOS 16.1.2

My Question or Issue

I’m using an FM transmitter to play music using Spotify from my iPhone since my cheap ass infiniti QX50 doesn’t have Bluetooth.  I got a car thing which displays what I’m playing but cannot control playback or volume.  

Suggested posts