Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stupid Thing - Don't waste your time

Stupid Thing - Don't waste your time

Love Spotify but Car Thing is STUPID Thing.  If your car has bluetooth, use your phone.  If your car doesn't have bluetooth, this won't work.

I thought you plugged the power cord into the AUX power and therefore got power and a connection to the speakers.  THis isn't the case.  You MUST plug the adaptor into the old cigarette lighter power slot. 

This product is Stupid.  I was really excited for it for my car without a touch screen, but Car Thing will not connect to the speakers.  Stupid plan.  With their return policy of 14 days, I can even return my Christmas Gift.  

6 Replies

Hey @jscplay, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this and I appreciate you sharing your feedback about this. I'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. You can get in touch with Customer Support here as they can take a closer look at this for you.  

Thanks again for sharing your feedback! 

Have a great day. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I couldn't agree more.  It's completely unnecessary.  Additionally, it often does not connect properly - especially if there is more than one phone in the car.  I attempted to return it, and have been waiting for my refund for over a month.

Hey folks, just to clarify:

- Car Thing *is* a voice-enabled remote control to Spotify on your phone, but the phone doesn't necessarily have to be connected with Bluetooth to the car, it could also be connected using Aux or USB.
- Car Thing *is not* a music player that outputs audio directly.

If you have connection problems, we'd love to hear about them – please describe the circumstances. If there is more than one phone paired Car Thing currently connects to the last previously connected phone, and if that fails, continues with the next-to-last connected, etc.

/Björn

Well I was able to return my car thing because it didn't work. It ended up showing a white screen while playing each song. Had to pay for shipping and a restocking fee for a faulty product. It's almost been a month, they received it but after many chats with customer service, it will be up to 16 weeks before I even get a refund or email. 

Hey @user-removed,

we've passed your post on to the team that's handling the refunds. They'll check again what's happening and follow up with you via email, so keep an eye on the one that's linked with your Spotify account.

Apologies for the long wait, sometimes there're unforeseen bottlenecks, but we're confident this will get resolved as soon as possible. If there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

a little over four months later, and a few dozen attempts at reaching customer service, I received my credit.  there is hope!

Suggested posts