What do you like most about Car Thing?

What do you like most about Car Thing?

Mario

Hey everyone,

Since announcing the launch of our new smart player Car Thing last week, the enthusiasm we keep receiving in response has been as awesome as the thing itself. 

More than just a player, it’s your own soundtrack curator when in the car while it allows you to completely focus on driving.

Now, a question for you, dear Community folks: 

What are the features of Car Thing you like most so far? 

Car Thing has many awesome features - like the voice control, the steering dial, or the super-efficient display - which might make it hard to pick only “one” best feature. 

So don’t hesitate to let us know “all” the features you think are great or the best ones!

If someone asked what I personally consider one of the best features (aside from those already mentioned above), my reply would be: “the four preset buttons”. I love the idea of having super easy shortcuts to my own personalized mixes of my favorite artists, playlists, stations, and podcasts while driving!

So, Community, what do you like most about Car Thing?

Let us once more share we’re super happy to be seeing this positive response and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your inputs will help us make nice things great and awesome ones, fabulous.

Don’t be shy and let us know what you enjoy in the comments 🙂 We’ll be checking in regularly!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
4 Replies

Chenz61
The design of car thing.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

My favorite feature of Car Thing:

• I love the preset buttons. Makes it super easy to get to my favorite playlists

What I also like about Car Thing:

• The name. Oh man, the name! I didn't understand it at first but it's totally on brand for Spotify and I love it.

• The user interface is beautiful and well designed

• The device is well designed and I like all the buttons. I like that it's touchscreen as well as controllable through the big dial. It's way thinner and lighter than I was expecting. Major kudos on making it thin and lightweight. The size is about right (it would be nice if it was a little bigger but it could end up being too big and blocking buttons around it depending on how you have it setup in your car)

• I love how the screen auto adjusts the brightness based on how light or dark it is outside

• I like that you can switch playback with the Hey Spotify voice assistant and also that when I say "Hey Spotify play (insert artist)" that it also shows other results / albums from the same artist so I can quickly use the dial to play something else from them.

• I like that you can pair multiple phones to Car Thing and switch to different phones. I have not yet tried this out but it's nice if you have multiple drivers.
MattSudaRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

dinomight
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

I've been trying out my Car Thing for a few days now, and I love that this provides an alternative for anyone like me who has an older vehicle without an in dash head unit, so that we can easily control Spotify, check what track is playing, etc. The variety of mounting options are fantastic.

I agree with you @Mario about the presets! I expect to get a lot of use out of that, and it will be really nice to save my favorite playlists I listen to when driving for quick access and being able to easily get some music I love playing right away.

dinomightRock Star 11

Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Eventhough I haven't tried it personally, I just love the UI! It looks well-designed, easy-to-use with the car user in mind! 🙂
HuboRock Star 16
SUGGESTED POSTS