Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where to buy Car Thing

Where to buy Car Thing

I'm interested in buying a Car Thing.
22 Replies

Spotify has stopped production on Car Thing according to this article on The Verge.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just jumping in here to clarify the current Car Thing situation. 

The goal of Spotify’s Car Thing exploration was to better understand in-car listening, and bring audio to a wider range of users and vehicles. Based on several factors, including product demand and supply chain issues, we have decided to stop further production of Car Thing units. Existing devices will perform as intended. We’ve learned a lot from Car Thing, and will continue to focus on the car as an important place for audio.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That’s a shame. i would’ve loved a battery powered Spotify thing to use a desktop device at work

Screw you guys for getting rid of it, one of the biggest mistakes you've ever had as a company. Just when I was financially able to get one I, see them in ebay for 200$ BS the demand issue was your fault. The product was NEVER advertised on any sizeable level. 100% failure on your part. 

god, this idea was awesome to have in setup, all i want is one to put below the monitor, it would just be awesome, danmmmmmm

You can buy one on ebay for 20 dollars right now. 

Can’t believe it’s not for sale. Spotify what the **bleep** are you doin?! U have all this support and help section about car thing yet u are not even selling it. How silly must u be. Please get it back on the market we need it! 

You can find similar things in Amazon, and they don’t cost an arm and a leg 

Can you link some examples that are similar to it and have reasonable reviews? I'm curious to get something like this since they aren't available anymore.

I have one still factory sealed I don’t have Spotify so no need for it if your still interested 

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

 I’ll let it go for cheap I got it in an auction lot of don’t plan on using it. Not a Spotify person so whoever interested just reply here and I can post it on eBay or Facebook marketplace for a secure shipment 

Hey Clos310

this available still, looking to grab one.

still aviable?

Yes it is. Will you want me to post it on eBay or Facebook market place 

Hey! Did you ever end up selling your car thing? If not I'd be down to buy it off of you

No I still have it. Send me a private message 

Everyone searching this up now lol, how much are you selling it for? I’m looking to get one sooner or later

I’ll let it go for $80 and you’ll have to pay for shipping, shouldn’t be that much if your in the US

Still got it man

Suggested posts