Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

car thing not connecting to iphone

car thing not connecting to iphone

I haven’t had any issues with Car Thing until a few days ago, it used to always connect to my iphone automatically but now it just keeps searching and won’t connect. I unplugged and plugged it back in, I have restarted my phone and updated it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, I have turned bluetooth on and off to no avail. In the bluetooth on my phone, it doesn’t even list the correct “SN” code anymore, it just says “SN:” with no numbers after it. I don’t know what the issue is and how to resolve, Spotify has been giving me many issues lately so any help would be great. Thanks!
1 Reply

Hey @New user

Hey there, Welcome to the Community!! 😉

I don't know if these will work but you can try them out  And if it does not work you can contact Spotify supports down in the link.

1. Make sure that your Car Thing is fully charged and that the Bluetooth connection is enabled.

2. Close the Spotify app on your phone and open it again.

3. Turn your phones Bluetooth off and on again to reset the connection.

4. Unpair and then repair the Car Thing in your phones Bluetooth settings.

5. Delete the Spotify app from your phone, restart your device and then reinstall the app. If none of the above steps work, try resetting the Car Thing by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then setting it up again. If you are still having issues with the connection, you may need to contact Spotify support

Suggested posts