Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

car thing offline functionality (not displaying ui)

Solved!

car thing offline functionality (not displaying ui)

I recently purchased a car thing and have been loving it, however I drive many places without cellular data/wifi and if I try to use the car thing without data I run into the following issue:

Without data (or in spotify offline mode) the Car Thing will display the current song, but any attempt to go to the Car Thing home screen will display a blank screen instead of a list of my playlists/podcasts available offline. Is this intended behavior? Is there any way to get the UI to appear when offline to select other media downloaded to the phone via spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @iamthereplicant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this is excepted. However, we've passed along your feedback to the right team.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @iamthereplicant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this is excepted. However, we've passed along your feedback to the right team.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for the reply, hopefully this will be addressed in a future release!

THIS is a problem...!  Majority of my hour long commute, I have no cellular service...  and your telling me, that your device, cannot display the playlists that are on my phone/account?!   Your telling me this is an "excepted" feature??!!  Are you kidding me?  This feels like such a simple thing to ask for.  PLEASE PUSH OUT A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO FIX THIS. 

Suggested posts