Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100 songs challenge

100 songs challenge

Hey guys, 

A friend of my challenged me to make a playlist with 100 songs by 100 different artists a couple years ago.

And it turns out it's actually quite a difficult challenge. It's tough to pick which are your 100 favorite artists and then select your favorite song by each, I have to say mine is still a work in progress. I'll post my latest update of the list here this week. 

It would be interesting if we all did this and shared our playlists here. It's a great way to get a quick sense of each other's music taste. 

168 Replies

@TheCatsPajamas The idea was to do All time favorites. I don't know if random favorites qualifies.

@jonasherdegen Nice list, i liked some of the hiphop songs. 

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Nice playlist @meahtenoha but you have room for one more artist as The Shins are in there twice!

Ah you are correct @Gidyin fixed! Thanks 🙂

Hi people,

Just wanted to say that you all have a pretty good taste of music in my opinion! In general pretty diverse tracks and playlists and I like that a lot!

Q

hi @finance5 Im going through your playlist and it looks like there's only 97 tracks on there. You can never get enough Prog Rock!

Hi, great idea.

My top 100 artist challenge playlist is:

- No particular order

- Eleanor Rigby by Paul instead Beatles

- All-Time Artists

- The last 10 artists are from Argentina, my country. The most of them sounds all my adolescence in the 80's.

spotify:user:benitokcm:playlist:3nvM6ZFRbZljKnC4v1rJnr

Follow me

@BenitoKCM

Thanks for your participation. Great choice of artists 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When I pull the playlist up, it says 100 songs.  There are songs that are not available in all countries which is a possiblity if someone sees less than 100.

Hey 🙂

Here's my 100 songs playlist (finally!). Songs are some of the most memorable throughout my life (so, I've missed quite a few!) an in no apparent turn. There are a few international- well at least for us not from the States- ones there I liked as well (french and one greek). It was quite a fun challenge to do!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

@KatesHere Hi, the challenge was 100 songs by different artists so not 5 songs by the same artist. 🙂 

@Jazzwhatever

I really *do* like some of them too much... But here's the updated version..

Added some as well to cover the gap 😄 I hope doubles (or triples :P) by different singers don't count as repetition since there are others singing as well!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

This was really an hard challenge. However here's my playlist!

spotify:user:1221674765:playlist:4vTnyjthTdsYYKVZRvtesr

Here's mine. Enjoy!

100 Song Challenge

Sincerely,
Me

@xenon82 Thanks for sharing, interesting list. Old metal, nu-metal and the 'odd' ones out at the end of the list. Well worth a listen, i used to be a metalhead 20 years ago 🙂

heres my playlist 

it has more than 280 songs from 1 band or artist.

spotify:user:stig2009:playlist:4P0bAqF0SYuniPfI5LRakx

@stig2009 And? 280 songs isn't what this topic is about.

its the same idea part from more songs il make a new playlist then watch this space lol

Heres's mine. This was a lot harder than I thought. At first it was easy but when I got to about 75 I had a hard time choosing the rest. This was very fun, I never realized I listen to so many different genres of music.

spotify:user:tanner_f:playlist:1iQ00YpYge4u2P0M8nAZ5K

Just stumbled across this challenge, a bit late yes but still like to get involved, some great music on the playlist already, lot's of music similar to my own tastes but I'm sure I can come up with something a little different and like a lot of my playlists I'm going to set myself up with an extra challenge and make It play like a DJ mix, songs to segued together using the crossfade settings to make a (hopefully) seamless mix of music that compliments each other that reflects my story and history, musically that is.

Might take a week or so and thanks again @meahtenoha @tanner_f @stig2009 @Jazzwhatever @xenon82 for the inspiration for this challenge.

Awesome!
Great idea with crossfade...

IIJH

Suggested posts