Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100 songs challenge

100 songs challenge

Hey guys, 

A friend of my challenged me to make a playlist with 100 songs by 100 different artists a couple years ago.

And it turns out it's actually quite a difficult challenge. It's tough to pick which are your 100 favorite artists and then select your favorite song by each, I have to say mine is still a work in progress. I'll post my latest update of the list here this week. 

It would be interesting if we all did this and shared our playlists here. It's a great way to get a quick sense of each other's music taste. 

168 Replies

Tagging @0rangeJuice as well. 🙂

Here's my Top 100 Songs playlist! Enjoy 🙂     @Soundofus

https://open.spotify.com/user/rossi1911/playlist/1OrdYmQayhyzpCSrpjpRWs

Thanks @Soundofus

At the begging of the year a friend and my self decide to do this exercise just for fun and this was the playlist that we get, right know I don´t have a Playlist just like you ask but I’m going to try as soon as I can and when I get it I’ll share whit you…..

spotify:user:12147319523:playlist:6mmVqPmTeYNUEUq8h2Yn9R

I hope you enjoy it!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Oh, goodness, this is going to take For. E. Ver.

So let me get this straight: This should be my 100 personal favorite songs from my 100 personal favorite artists? Not necessarily the greatest artists and not necessarily my favorite songs from artists I might not otherwise care about? These should be artists I'm emotionally invested in, right?

Just have to make sure I understand the parameters.

@brian_mansfield I'm totally agree with you....LOL

JpgchiefRock Star 14

@brian_mansfield

That's right. 🙂 Artists first :).

First, you select your 100 favourite, all time, artists and after your favourite song for each of them.

btw, It took me several days to finalize mine 🙂

Good luck 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

@Soundofus, I love this idea!! I need to make a new one, but in the meantime, here's the one I made last year 🙂

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

@Soundofus I just realized that we have similar taste, there’s some coincidence in artist in both our Playlist and that’s funny because I was watching some others Playlist in this thread with which I don’t have similarities…. and I saw Roxy music with Avalon and it’s one of my options for my weekly post of Classic of the Week, great album!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Hello, everyone.

This is my list, and it's really hard to select since it's based upon artists first. 

I need to say that this list contains quite a number of non-English songs. Hope it's fine.

spotify:user:vanessalmlmll:playlist:263wM23qHG1kDzaBKcPgW4

Here is mine ... the few newer artists on the list I have discovered here on the Spotify-forum

spotify:user:heartscore:playlist:1SfCrpCUXo6NrpyEvK557F

First cut puts me at about 80 sure things, with 43 acts vying for the remaining 20 spots. Now it's just a matter of deciding whether the lesser names that feel extra-special to me are more important than the ones with big records I share with everybody!

Decisions, decisions!

...So I compiled a list of some kind as well. Artists I really like, and songs that are rather important in one way or another.

May change a bit, but right now it is as follows:

http://open.spotify.com/user/1185903410/playlist/6v5aWc4jGE7t1uGnW1XJau

Note: when you read Amon Tobin, Cujo, Two Fingers, Rec.tangle, Current Value and Eskmo for example, then in the song's place should be 'every sound they have made'. 😉

SebastySpotify Star

This was much more difficult than I thought, without much effort put a playlist of 160 songs and have that removed from there was painful, not including anything of classical music or jazz, or music in my own language (Spanish that would be other 100 hundred songs easily) but the real thing is that must of the music a listen is in English. 

It has a bit of everything what has shaped me, we will change over time we and the music so I hope can give you a look...and enjoy it!!!

spotify:user:12147319523:playlist:296EEaVlLqBtNDEnVxWHTg

JpgchiefRock Star 14

This is a very cool idea I am going to start to get to work on mine this weekend. Like you said it will be tough. 

-Mike

Reminder for the 100 songs challenge :

How to proceed for the 100 songs challenge :

- You list your 100 favourite all time artists.

- You select your favourite song for each artist in your list and you get your playlist.

It has not to be your Top 100 favourite songs (that could be a different playlist).

SoundofusSpotify Star

This is great but yeah when you're picking your favorites ARRGH I CANT DO IT. I usually make playlists by genre and start getting OCD when I mix them lol

-

-

I will definitely try to do this, but will be a challenge for sure! 

Suggested posts