Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

Solved!

Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

This is my one pet hate when it comes to spotify playlists.

I wish the new songs that I add to existing playlist, would be added to the top of the list so they're played at the beginning, rather than the end and flicking through older songs.

If this isnt possible, then just allow users to re-arrange or organise playlist items in different catagories such as, "recently added", "oldest", "artist" and/or "length" ect.

This would make my spotify experiance even better than it already is.

44 Replies

Not all hero's wear capes ! thanks a lot!

I love you. Amazing. 

For IOS why can’t Spotify just add a couple of simple things like “add to top of playlist” and also “move song” so it ticks the song or songs you want to move and then allows you to re-enter them by ticking next to songs anywhere on the playlist you want to have them slotted in between. 

This has been going on for ages and can’t be hard. As amazing as Spotify is their development is poor when they have all these messages on cominuty boards. 

Same such issue with radio edit versions of all its popular songs for kids. I and many many others have said for years on these forums that it would make a lot of sense as a kid friendly and responsible service to make that happen. Spotify as usual give vague responses and never actually communicate properly with their customers for some really valuable and reasonable feedback. 

Come on Spotify, do something with all this feedback and communicate with us in a direct manner. Stop being vague and ignoring your customers. 

If you are in the desktop app, on the top of the playlist screen, underneath the "dowload" slider is a calender with a 1 on it. If you click the calender then it will put the most recent songs at the top. I hope this helps!

Yes, Yes. Thank You . I did find out, it was driving me Nutsssss I almost cancel the Membership. 

Spotify!!!!!!! 😤 put this in! It seems like the iOS platform hasn’t changed in ages! Give the people what they want! It’s sad really, that you guys aren’t innovating and moving forward. Wanted to stick with you, but Apple Music is simply making the changes the people want to see. 😕

Scroll up so you see search bar and it’s right there!! Cheers!!

Thank you so much I had a playlist of 250 songs and I keep adding to the buttom 

hero. 

Go onto the playlist of your choice then scroll up and you will see a long button saying filter on the right of this there are 3 lines (its a little hard to see but its there) when you tap this click recently added and your days of scrolling are over.

Go onto the playlist of your choice then scroll up and you will see a long button saying filter, on the right of this there are 3 lines (its a little hard to see but its there) when you tap this click recently added and your days of scrolling have officaly ended.

-YOUR WELCOME

Does this make a permanent change in your playlist across all platforms (mac/iOS) or is it temporary? I'd really love a permanent fix for this

While this is a solution its a terrible workaround for a large playlist. The developers should really implement a means to filter playlists by most played, most recent ect.. on both the mobile and desktop platforms. 

I did this and it worked but when I use my Macbook (my prefered device), it doesn't show up the same way. Can somebody help me please?

How easy! Never saw the search box before unlit I scrolled a second time when reaching the top. Thanks! Have wanted to do this for years!

I believe that “ideally” there should be a setting we can enable so we can add newly added songs to the beginning of the playlist rather than the end where it makes no sense, I added a song that I wanna listen to, to the end of my 100 song playlist.  It just doesn’t make sense.

Hi,

I am using an iOS device with the latest version of Spotify. Follow the steps to re-order/sort your songs according to release date (or also title, artist, custom):

1: Go to your playlist on your iOS device

2: Pull the screen down to then show a search bar with three lines next to it

3: Click the three lines - this will open the 'Sort By' menu

4: Select 'Recently Added'

Your songs will now be sorted from newest to oldest.

This doesn't solve the issue for several reasons. The "order" of a spotify playlist is tracked, but invisible to the user (except in how the list appears when unsorted).

Sorting by date added is not the same as reversing this order. Also, you may add many songs at once, and sorting by the date added field header does not provide the desired outcome in this case.

Adding a menu option or submenu option to add to the beginning or end of the playlist (or adding a toggleable option on the playlist itself that allows users to choose whether songs will be added to the beginning or the end of it would be invaluable to users - this API would be especially useful in conjunction with other playlist management services that people combine with Spotify like IFTTT)

Your solution is helpful only to people who have a small amount of songs in a playlist. I have 600 in one of mine, so doing that would take me hours. It would be AMAZING and probably helpful to many users if you added a feature where one could sort songs to “recently added to the top” as opposed to oldest added at the top etc. I don’t want to delete my old songs, just want to not have to scroll for a minute to get to the bottom for the ones I’m loving currently (: thanks!!

WAIT!! There is this feature at the top of the playlist in the search section that someone pointed out earlier and I hadn’t seen!! Haha never mind.

Definitely this helps but I think the main idea is to have the option to put on top the new tracks you're adding to your Playlist.  I have been working with different platforms that allow me to put the new tracks added at the top of my Playlist this is a very useful thing, you save a tone of time and more when you have a daily updated playlist with over 500 songs or more... you waste too much time editing and moving the songs.

My point is that other sites give this option is clear that Spotify can bring also this and you would make a tone of users very happy... I included. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Absolutely with you my friend this one is a very useful tool that we need ASAP on Spotify, currently some other applications or sites give you this option.  Please do this possible. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts