Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

Solved!

Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

user-removed
Not applicable

This is my one pet hate when it comes to spotify playlists.

I wish the new songs that I add to existing playlist, would be added to the top of the list so they're played at the beginning, rather than the end and flicking through older songs.

If this isnt possible, then just allow users to re-arrange or organise playlist items in different catagories such as, "recently added", "oldest", "artist" and/or "length" ect.

This would make my spotify experiance even better than it already is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

williambowater
Casual Listener

Hello,

To sort songs in a playlist into a specific order on an IOS device, as far as I know, is to follow these steps.

1) Go onto your playlist and click on the button on the top right hand corner.

2) A selection of items should appear - click 'edit'.

3) All the songs in that playist should appearwith a red icon to remove it and another button which you can use to drag the songs into a specific order.

I hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

40 Replies

JRD1

Hi,

I am using an iOS device with the latest version of Spotify. Follow the steps to re-order/sort your songs according to release date (or also title, artist, custom):

1: Go to your playlist on your iOS device

2: Pull the screen down to then show a search bar with three lines next to it

3: Click the three lines - this will open the 'Sort By' menu

4: Select 'Recently Added'

Your songs will now be sorted from newest to oldest.

troutbuesser
Casual Listener

Spotify!!!!!!! 😤 put this in! It seems like the iOS platform hasn’t changed in ages! Give the people what they want! It’s sad really, that you guys aren’t innovating and moving forward. Wanted to stick with you, but Apple Music is simply making the changes the people want to see. 😕

haleybug28

If you are in the desktop app, on the top of the playlist screen, underneath the "dowload" slider is a calender with a 1 on it. If you click the calender then it will put the most recent songs at the top. I hope this helps!

Alec2016
Casual Listener

Yes, Yes. Thank You . I did find out, it was driving me Nutsssss I almost cancel the Membership. 

Hzbakken
I have a Samsung tablet that I want to play the playlist from top to button. Not where it goes random in my list. How do I fix this?

sedonagaard
If you are on an IOS device (I'm on my iPhone) you can click on your playlist and scroll all the way up to where you see a bar that says "Filter". If you look to the far right there will be a icon with 3 little bars. You can click on that and change how the songs are sorted and if you click Recently Added then it will make all the newest songs added to your playlist at the top. Hope this helped!

Daniel_TheGrape

I did this and it worked but when I use my Macbook (my prefered device), it doesn't show up the same way. Can somebody help me please?

Mop2

I love you. Amazing. 

AlwinS1998

Not all hero's wear capes ! thanks a lot!

thomashaywvrd

I am so happy I found this forum. I have been looking for this for months. Thank you!

shere_kor

thank you!! <333

Solution!

williambowater
Casual Listener

Hello,

To sort songs in a playlist into a specific order on an IOS device, as far as I know, is to follow these steps.

1) Go onto your playlist and click on the button on the top right hand corner.

2) A selection of items should appear - click 'edit'.

3) All the songs in that playist should appearwith a red icon to remove it and another button which you can use to drag the songs into a specific order.

I hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Absolutely with you my friend this one is a very useful tool that we need ASAP on Spotify, currently some other applications or sites give you this option.  Please do this possible. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

enesgunay94
Visitor

Thank God that Im not the only one , When people listen my playlist they start from the oldest song rather then my newest because it is automatically custom preferred. For me to fix this I have to edit my custom playlist which I have up to 21 hours of music in some playlists. U are expecting me to do each song individually ?The price for the premium has increased but such a basic function is still lacking and all we get a comical answer to edit or songs. I think this is unacceptable and needs to change urgently. This topic has started at 2013 and still going on , U must be either making too much money to not care or u  are just taking the **bleep**.

Thank you 

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Definitely this helps but I think the main idea is to have the option to put on top the new tracks you're adding to your Playlist.  I have been working with different platforms that allow me to put the new tracks added at the top of my Playlist this is a very useful thing, you save a tone of time and more when you have a daily updated playlist with over 500 songs or more... you waste too much time editing and moving the songs.

My point is that other sites give this option is clear that Spotify can bring also this and you would make a tone of users very happy... I included. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

NissaJ
Casual Listener

Your solution is helpful only to people who have a small amount of songs in a playlist. I have 600 in one of mine, so doing that would take me hours. It would be AMAZING and probably helpful to many users if you added a feature where one could sort songs to “recently added to the top” as opposed to oldest added at the top etc. I don’t want to delete my old songs, just want to not have to scroll for a minute to get to the bottom for the ones I’m loving currently (: thanks!!

NissaJ
Casual Listener

WAIT!! There is this feature at the top of the playlist in the search section that someone pointed out earlier and I hadn’t seen!! Haha never mind.

tylergassman
Visitor

This doesn't solve the issue for several reasons. The "order" of a spotify playlist is tracked, but invisible to the user (except in how the list appears when unsorted).

Sorting by date added is not the same as reversing this order. Also, you may add many songs at once, and sorting by the date added field header does not provide the desired outcome in this case.

Adding a menu option or submenu option to add to the beginning or end of the playlist (or adding a toggleable option on the playlist itself that allows users to choose whether songs will be added to the beginning or the end of it would be invaluable to users - this API would be especially useful in conjunction with other playlist management services that people combine with Spotify like IFTTT)

rodell

While this is a solution its a terrible workaround for a large playlist. The developers should really implement a means to filter playlists by most played, most recent ect.. on both the mobile and desktop platforms. 

grzeg

hello  how can imake the recently added song on my spotify on my mobile to appear on top  ?

SUGGESTED POSTS