Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Phone You Have Ever Owned

Best Phone You Have Ever Owned

Mobile phones are something that are now an important part of almost everyone's everyday lives. For me (being 21), I've spent almost all of my teenage years as the "texting generation", the images of all the teens with their phones that you could never get out of their hands - that was us in school. 

I'm interested to know other peoples thoughts on the topic. Although, maybe the title for this isn't quite right. I'm not asking about the "best" phone you have ever owned, because lets be honest, it is probably the one you have now as technology has moved forward at an insane rate. What I really want to know which phone did you love the most? I have a feeling everyone who loves technology will look back and there will be one or two devices that stand out for them. 

For me, there were definitely two phones that stand out. 

My trusty BlackBerry Bold 9900 

This device got me through my last year of school and my first year of university. By the time I got rid of it, it didn't look as shiny as in the picture below and it was starting to show it's age technology wise. However, a great device, beautifully made and kept me in touch with everyone I needed too.

bold9900

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini

Another device I had whilst in school in a gap between BlackBerries. This device was severly compromised, the size was what made it epic, at the time it was like a full smartphone in a tiny body and it worked really well. Disadvantage, battery life was shocking, I couldn't even get through the whole school day, nevermind a full day in the real world! But then again it was cheap and incredibly stylish, it's one of those things you shouldn't love, but I just did. 

x10mini

So over to you guys! What are your favourite or most loved mobiles of all time? Hell, lets even throw tablets into the mix if you want! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

26 Replies

Great topic @Peter__ !

One phone i liked and it was also my first phone was a Ericsson T39 which was really lightweight and easy to carry. You could do all this cool stuff like calling people, sending a sms and receive e-mail! 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

IMG_0631.JPG

My Spotify phone. Just amazing for listen Hands Up and Dancecore on the go and everywhere with my Mobile Data plan (Unlimited). Pleasure to listen even in the middle of nowhere 😉 I think Spotify is cool way to support artists and easy way to listen right beats. The new Spotify app is even better than this in picture.

IMG_0613.JPG

Every phone I have ever owned was made by LG. I didn't intend for that, but franky the only reason it ended up that way is until the most recent phone I got, they were the best options for phones that were "free" because they were subsidized by the carrier when you first signed up. I didn't really have the cash to dish out for something better. 

Until the Nexus 4, manufactured by LG, designed by Google. $300 unlocked, so I can take it to any carrier I want. It's the best phone I've ever owned, hands down, and I'll probably be getting the Nexus 5 later on. 

Nexus 4

For me it has to be the iPhone 6 (coming Fall 2014) 

😉

haha I had to troll on this one 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mine has to be the Samsung galaxy s4! Though that is the most recent phone I've brought.

My first phone was Sony Ericsson k800i. I had it for three years. It was one of these phones where it would survive a nuclear explosion. I thought that till the day i had an argument with someone and threw the phone at the bedroom wall. I was then stuck with a very bad Samsung phone. I sadly cant remember the model name. But i only had it for about 6 months because after a while i broke the phone on purpose to get Sony Ericsson x8. That too was a good phone, apart from the battery life..

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

For me, there are two phones which, after many years, still have a place in my heart.

The Sony CMR111 was just amazing in 1994 in terms of size as well as being beautiful.

13274784.jpg

The other phone I loved was the original Razr, again it was a really good looking phone.

Motorola-RAZR-300x225.jpg

I love my Note 3 but let's be honest - modern phones all offer pretty much the same functionality and they all look pretty much the same.

You are right, most if not all smartphones these days offer all the same things, just in different sizes. 🙂 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Nice topic.
My "best" phone has to be my current phone, a samsung galaxy s2. The reason I like this phone is because it is so easy to modify. As my needs have changed since I bought it, I've several times changed the kernel and rom. Right now I'm on a cyanogenmod 10.3 which gives me a whooping 48 hours of use on one charge, with wifi and location-services turned on.
The phone fits in my pocket, yet is big enough for even my tired old eyes to be able to use the touch-screen.
Compared to the phones of my children, it lacks a lot in features, but as long as I can call and text I'll not change it for anything!
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

@Fred - I have to say, a few of my friends still use their S2's too, and I much prefer the design of those to the more modern galaxy devices. Not sure what it is about the S2, but it just looks beautiful in my eyes.

Peter

I still love the G1 I had which was the first Android phone, but my Galaxy S will always be my favourite. Like FredJ I used to put a different Rom/kernel combination on it weekly just because I could. The customization of android is amazing. Having said that the iPhone 5 was a great phone, though I have since returned to android. Looking forward to seeing what the iPhone 6 brings to the table.

I liked the original Razr too. Nice size. I wish Samsung and Apple would stop making phones larger. iPhone4 was big enough for me and fit in my pocket nicely.

My current phone Sony xperia z is the best that owed so far

I think that they shouldn't make them bigger then 6 inches (for the screens). If they get too big, then it's like a tablet!

The original Motorola Razr was great! I loved that phone so much!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram

oh darn - i used to have a Razr, and the phone only has freaking 16MB FREE MEMORY.

Unless they want me to upgrade to V3i or V3x or E1 (That was an iTunes sync function)
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

yo

But @12147822290  we still don't know what your favorite phone is!!! Don't leave us hanging. 😉

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

I've just picked up a Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows Phone 8.1. Will be some time before I give a conclusion if it deserves a place in the phone hall of fame however the camera is insane!

Peter

iPhone 4S. Hopefully to be replaced soon by the iPhone 6

Suggested posts