Better pay for artists

Better pay for artists

SpockAndStep
Visitor

I am aware that I am an incredibly small artist with no say in what you guys do but it's worth a shot. and if you guys remove this, I will only repost it

Dear Spotify,

with your company only paying artists 0.004 to 0.0084 per stream I am concerned about what direction the company is headed. Indeed, Spotify and other music platforms would not be anywhere without people like me who put their content on the platform. When I did the math, I learned that if you only made money off of streams from Spotify, it would take 1,813 streams exactly to make minimum wage in the US. this is outrageous. smaller artists like me would only dream of getting 2 thousand listens. the company needs to quit being greedy, and pay artists more. So to Encourage this change; I am deleting my Spotify account, as well as removing the majority of my songs from the platform. I am also encouraging other artists to do the same, and for listeners to delete their Spotify profiles. I pray that if enough people do this, the company will finally give us a raise. because of this poor pay, I know people who have to work 3-4 jobs just to bring food to the table. please, if you see this Mr. Eck, please pay us more. I implore you. you would not be where you are now without us.

Sincerely,

SpockAndStep

0 Replies
SUGGESTED POSTS