Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Blog] #MusicMonday October '19 Review

[Blog] #MusicMonday October '19 Review

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check September's review, or My Year In Music to see some of the most recent posts.

Spooky times have come, so let's celebrate them with October's highlights, with a few words from the artists themselves:

Super City - Too Right

Super City RedBlack2.jpgBaltimore, MD is where it all begins with some Indie Pop about not being afraid to apologize for a mistake. In their own words:

"The storyline is not really something I’ve experienced but more of a paradigm of a friendship that has long fallen apart. In the story, the main character is admitting to being wrong after holding a grudge for many years. Even though it’s too late to save the friendship it’s never too late to admit when you are wrong.”

spotify:track:2zpJiOvdTrTAssyfGLV3AU:small

Kairozmusic - Like We Used To (Feat. OMZ)

These days I'm lost

It's not the same

Baby say my name

This EDM track, coming from the Netherlands, explains that it can be scary when things change over time:

"The first version I made was in october 2017. I had the chord progression, like real basic stuff and I send it over to [singer] OMZ. He reached out to me. He was the first one who really believed in me. Even though I was just starting out producing. The first version was not bad, but didn't stood out that much. So over a period of more than a year I got to this version."

spotify:track:4AE7lLMElLGYrWNMWHQ2We:small

The Grinns - Storm

Feeling down is terrifying, but much more if we're alone. This band from Orange County, CA. knows this, and wrote a song about it, which tell us about the importance, in their own words, of "being friends with somebody that is depressed".

And always, you're not alone in this
Sadness is a silly thing, still it's such a b*tch
Sometimes, love will fade away
'Cause people are a puzzle, lost in their own ways.

spotify:track:60SjDUXKuo4EAaaNml5EgJ:small

PINE - Sunder

And now, some doom and gloom from Ottawa, Ontario, which goes straight to this very dark scary place you find yourself when you're stabbed in the back by someone close to you:

Credit: Sera NIcoleCredit: Sera NIcole"There definitely was a series of events that lead to those lyrics. An experience with someone close to us. Sometimes people make decisions you can't understand, or people handle things the wrong way. Essentially we felt betrayed, lied to and abandoned by someone we could always count on. Fortunately, that time has passed and thing have been apologized for and everyone grew from the experience.

Sunder is a moment of sadness and anger turned into a series of words from my feelings. Feelings I no longer have and have let go of."

spotify:track:19jefnLYKaq6oNX4uGCV0r:small

Young Billie Goat - Rose

I've got your rose... nevermind...

Betrayal's still the theme, and this trap record from Los Angeles, CA, deals with it from a relationship standpoint, no holds barred:

"This song is inspired by my ex-girlfriend. She lied to me on Valentine’s Day and I cheated on her... I wrote this all about her".

spotify:track:4S6DjQVhEmLwMgkhA5xJjZ:small

Juice - Peace of Mind

Finally, from Boston, MA, this band shows us how some dark themes, like insecurity, and the resistance to accept, can be expressed in a upbeat dreamy pop way.

spotify:track:5q4dpmWb8elFxbNLKWsaY4:small

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies

Nice work as always @osornioscongratulations.

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Gracias @Jpgchief !

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts