Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Blog] #MusicMonday September '19 Review

[Blog] #MusicMonday September '19 Review

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check August's review, or My Year In Music to see some of my more recent posts.

The last strech of the year is upon us, and great music comes with it. Let's take a look at September's highlights, with a few words from the artists themselves:

Past Comfort - Indigo

We start in Little Rock, AR with an Alt Rock track about a deep color that can be associated with, well, multiple things. In their own words:

"The song started as the opening guitar riff that we knew we wanted to run with. We ran with that and built the rest of the song. After that the lyrics and vocals all go along with the same things we write most of our music about and it all came together pretty quick.”

spotify:track:2XC6w5cln0ywxxih9yP2dG:small

The Forum - Comet

From Gainesville, FL, an indie gem which explores the anxiousness of coming changes. As the song says, "we couldn't run from this":

_MG_4931 (1).jpg"This track came about as a few of us were transitioning from college life to post-grad, moving, and getting jobs. We were leaving a lot of experiences behind, and the metaphorical "comet" was us having to come to grips with the changes in our lives after four very formative years. 

Musically, it came together very easily. We wrote a few of the guitar parts and once we described the rhythmic vibe we imagined to our drummer Ethan, the structure built itself. We had a lot of live shows with which to experiment with the song for a few months before taking it to the studio, so we felt very confident that the final product was polished."

spotify:track:1NrEpGlehbUUf7WzSoZoOj:small

James Wyatt Crosby - Spin

We go north to Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Canada with a very dreamy pop song about missing someone important in your life, who still has a presence within you:

"I tried to touch on a number of different friendships, relationships and situations in my life that have been emotionally intense or significant to me in some way. It’s not necessarily about one specific instance or person, but more of a blend of a number of different emotionally charged memories and situations."

spotify:track:5boRo8QyoO3pidKZhkTRvc:small

Snarls - Walk in the Woods

Speaking of attachments, from Columbus, OH, this Alt Rock track reminds us how difficult it is to let go:

"[Band member] Riley brought the first verse to the band as the original idea. She was struggling in her relationship, and I think [band member] Chlo related to that based on past relationships, whether they be intimate or friendships. They figured out the first verse and chorus together, and pitched that to the rest of the band. We were instantly in love with the words and the feel so we all worked together to flesh out the rest of the song."

spotify:track:2P56b7XsHGb79g9EFi25t1:small

Ikebe Shakedown - No Going Back

Finally, coming from Brooklyn, NY, this track shows it's soul from the very beginning, giving in to the funky groove that gives this band its unique sound.

spotify:track:6RilGbPm8yuKLaal1MzVog:small

DSC08507.jpg

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply

Can You Listen and tell me feedback

https://open.spotify.com/album/5vZQ4RdFpyen9P4tV0BSrV

Suggested posts