Breaking: $14 Billion Spotify Acquisition Happening Next Week…

Breaking: $14 Billion Spotify Acquisition Happening Next Week…

Joes
Regular

Any truth to this story or just an april fools hoax?

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2015/03/25/breaking-14-billion-spotify-acquisition-happeni...

Spotify is preparing to be acquired at a price tag ‘north of $14 billion,’ according to multiple sources now speaking with Digital Music News.  Signatures and final approvals are ‘exceptionally close,’ with an announcement carefully planned for exactly one week from now, according to one dealmaker.

The buyer is not being disclosed, though the Wall Street Journal is already preparing a front page story for next Wednesday morning.  The article will symbolically only be available to paying subscribers.
2 Replies

Yfret

It's obviously bogus, but a nice "twerk". The Russian minister part just doesn't past the smell test. The industry certainly is in flux and the big players are trying to see the best way to move. Apple, Google, Amazon and even JZ are trying to make the right moves to monetize the stream properly and make the stakeholders happy. Definitely stay tuned, there's more to come.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Digital Music News has a reputation for pulling these april fools pranks every year.

I would not trust it until it has officially been confirmed by other news sources. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS