Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[CONTEST] Coffeehouse Poetry Playlist

[CONTEST] Coffeehouse Poetry Playlist

We already know Spotify has loads of great playlist curators. Our users create amazing playlists with 1,000s of followers. 

What we don't know is how many great poetry writers we've got. Submit your best example of poetry built within a playlist here.  

singapore purple.png

To enter, just post your playlist in this thread. The preferred method of entry would be a Spotify Play Button:

1. Right-click the album title. 

2. Click Copy Spotify URI.

3. Go to the Spotify Play Button site. 

4. Paste the URI in step 2 where it says "Paste the link in the field below:"

5. Copy the code in step 3. 

6. Click Reply in this Music Chat thread. 

7. Click the HTML tab. 

8. Paste the code.

The prize:

Every good Contest has a great prize. We're giving you 6 months of Premium + a Spotify Hack Week bag filled with vintage and new Spotify swag.  

Vintage & Modern Spotify SwagVintage & Modern Spotify Swag

The rules are pretty simple:

1. One entry per person.
3. The competition will close at 10am (Stockholm time) on 14 December, 2016. We'll then draw up a shortlist and Spotify Employees will vote for the playlist that has us snapping.
4. Any unsportsmanlike behavior will result in disqualification.
5. Only entries received before 10am (Stockholm time) on 14 December, 2016 will be counted.

Good luck! 
54 Replies

Well, I tried something.. 😄

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:pstannie:playlist:30vF8ujIj9OC1sDohRdE7B" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Nice contest : ) 
Here`s mine 20 choices, different styles, but catching the theme, I think 😄

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:11135969204:playlist:4ZFHEPgpD4zbmX0PXsPp3B" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:r3nataa:playlist:2fdpk4bQeTEliMtoZOU9mw" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Interesting contest! My contribution:

spotify:user:jazzwhat:playlist:4mPJvfFeSJ73eZhDwzaqLv

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

@timmieschaap can't say i love all the artists or that it gels song to song, but reads well which is the greatest part of poetry 😛

@LionScale quality song choices! pretty emotional poem XD

@PSeven outstanding song selection! not sure what the poem is supposed to mean though?

@MartinStoichkov nice little meta-commentary, sweet cover art, fabulous choices - feels like a great soundtrack to inspire creativity

could you explain the poem? 

@crematedman LOL, yeah, wasn't my original intention but I guess it did get pretty sad. I just really want to win and I figured some raw emotion would get my poem noticed XD

@crescentr3n poetic choices and killer songs, well done ^_^

@Jazzwhatever quality - very easy to listen to (suddenly takes a turn for the epic for a song with M83)! could easily be song lyrics, couple of songs where the meaning is ambiguous - but that's poetry for you. beautiful closing track too.

who is this silver, space lady the poem describes? 😮

@LionScale well you achieved that XD 

MIGRANTS

Migrants

MIGRANTS

Migrants
We are all migrants
Fearless migrants

Migrants
We are all ghosts
Shining ghosts

Migrants
We are the world
Your world
Your world don't stop

Migrants
Stop the world I wanna get off with you
Stop crying your heart out

Migrants dance
Open your eyes
Fight for your right

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great and innovative idea! Here's my entry.

spotify:user:raaquelmc:playlist:4R8JBjc9ZrE0VwXaOWzufD

Follow me

@crematedman It's just a poem, i tried to make some lines rhyme and make it sound a bit mysterious. I really don''t know who the silver lady is, maybe a 'perfect' fantasy woman. But the meaning is different for eveyone. That's the fun and beauty of poetry. 

Just like Georgia could mean anything, anyone.

@Soundofus Is that a political poem? 🙂 

Topical 😊
I loved the Arctic Monkeys dropping in there!

Super cinematic! Loved to see unknown mortal orchestra, villagers, Matt Corby, Sufjan Stevens, Portugal the man, Patrick Watson among others ❤️

So true! Well you succeeded, very rhythmic and mysterious.

Suggested posts