Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add more songs

Solved!

Can't add more songs

Yesterday the app started saying I can't save more songs because I've reached the limit. I know there's a 10.000 song limit (which is something completely ridiculous by itself), but I checked and realized I actually have 9.120 save songs (I checked that by adding all saved songs to a playlist).

For some reason, I was able to add 7 songs of an album to my library today, but then I couldn't save anymore songs until I suddenly got to save 1 song from another album, but now I can't save anything.

I checked how many songs I had in my library one more time (this time by both copying all saved songs to a spreadsheet and by adding them to a playlist), and the playlist shows 9.127 songs, and the spreadsheet shows 9.317 lines.

I tried saving more songs in the PC software, Web Player and Android app and can't add more songs in any of them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @MIIstiano!

In your library, there is a 10 000 items limit. Each saved song, album or artist counts as an item. That might be the reason why you reached the limit even though there aren't 10 000 songs in your library.

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @MIIstiano!

In your library, there is a 10 000 items limit. Each saved song, album or artist counts as an item. That might be the reason why you reached the limit even though there aren't 10 000 songs in your library.

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts